21Robbie21 SAS | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

21Robbie21 SAS

ok so last night i went and picked up a '84 wagoneer D44 Full Width or WT, Driver Drop, Non-Vac Disconnect, W/Locking Hubs, Complete, its got rust and mud, but it seems good to go. I'm going to run leaves for simplicity. I am 2wd right now and the SAS will be the first step toward 4wd. The axle is 63" wide so i think im going to run spacers in the back. I want to do this as cheap as possible. I want to run 36" Iroks or another 36/37 when im finished. Im hoping to finish in ~3 months, but im not sure how realistic that is. Bryan (BMXking) lives close to me, and if he ever finishes his :D he will have the PRIVELEDGE of helping me :thumbsup: i am open to any suggestions, ideas, tips, tricks, specs, references, or anything that might help me do this project professionally, cheaply, and quickly. I just spent 200 on this axle, ordered a yakima roof basket, and a new cobra CB and antenna, so im outta cash for now, and im going to PC for spring break on April 1st so i might not take any steps these next two-three weeks. But after that im anxious!

sorry the rugs arent a good background, but its in the unfinished part of my basement and thats whats on the floor and damn this thing is heavy!
100_1347.jpg

100_1351.jpg

100_1348.jpg

you think its dirty now? this is after i hosed and scrubbed of the initial Cm thick covering of mud

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice..thinkin im gonna just stick with 7-8" of suspension lift..never did care much about body lifts tho..those 36 or 37's??

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

^^They're 37s. We'll make sure we have the forklift out this weekend and we'll flex that thing out. We're gonna try and setup our bender tomorrow too, so those nerf bars will have to go soon in favor of some sliders. :D BTW, remind me to tell you about our grand opening party. We need to see if you can come back in town for our car show we're having that weekend.

ok ill remind you bryan, DMAN i disagree with everything you say, i like all the lift, i love the skid plate, and i like the curve of my front grills/plastic, now if you want to send me over some money so i can have a nice front bumper made, be my guest, but thanks for all the negativity frickin mall crawler

Not a fan of the skid either. Bend him up a fawkin' bumper while you got the bender out.

ok ill remind you bryan, DMAN i disagree with everything you say, i like all the lift, i love the skid plate, and i like the curve of my front grills/plastic, now if you want to send me over some money so i can have a nice front bumper made, be my guest, but thanks for all the negativity frickin mall crawler

:rolleyes:

yea....ok....., if you want to make accusations and be negative name calling go ahead, i was mearly expressing my oponion on what would make it look better...........i am done with this.........if you want to continue this send me a pm.....

:rolleyes:

Id do the front bumper much different as well. It is ugly. Maybe put a big boner stringer on ther that would be cool.

The nurf bars suck as well. Can you say hello 1980. Need something much better then those POS ones.

Dont you know body lifts will kill you. If you roll the body and frame will fly apart causing a fire balled truck and kill you and a thousand others on the road with you.
Then there is that roof rack thing. Who uses those?

Dont even get me started on the rear bumper. I think thats the worst part.

Lets see what else can I bash on this truck. I need to fit in on the band wagon cause this is the cool thing to do.

Glad you like your truck and it looks like it turned out well. If you like it thats all that matters screw these smucks who have half the truck that you have and are jealous.

yeah thanks rock ranger, and for you skid plate bashers are you claiming it would look better as it was before like this?
DSCN0045.jpg

Yep, looks fine.

Then there is that roof rack thing. Who uses those?

Glad you like your truck and it looks like it turned out well. If you like it thats all that matters screw these smucks who have half the truck that you have and are jealous.

Jefe, he uses that roof rack thing!

hey robbie, remember that guy from school last year that had the tan taco on 35s, i think his name was alex or andrew i dunno.. did he roll his taco and the cab seperated from the frame ?? thats what i heard

the sploder' looks KILLER

yeah alex rolled it like in the summer, so a long time ago it was only 2wd, and j602 how can you claim an exposed radiator and hoses look better than a skid plate?

From the angle that shot was taken in the front wheel well just doesnt look right, Its like someone put a sport on the wrong wheel based frame :p:

Got some forklift flex out pics today of Robbie's truck, mine, and my boss' TJ. I'll try to post em up tomorrow.

so how much lift did it end up with? how does it steer/handle on the road? what mods are done to the steering? thats the sweetest 3rd gen sport i ever did see

Roughly 10" suspension, 3" body. It's got Waggy steering on it. VERY far forward steering box with drop pitman arm reamed for Waggy steering. Also has a track bar since the draglink is at a decent angle. It's got a really tight feeling steering and it feels pretty top heavy at times, but that will be extremely lessened when he gets his new tires and wheels. (Lot less backspacing)

BTW, Robbie came back to town to try out our rock garden the other day. Pics to come soon. :)

Here's some pics of Robbie on the rock garden. When he came over, they'd just gotten off the dump truck, so we didn't have time to arrange them at all and this was really the only passable place for him. Since these pics, we've moved all the rocks into better locations.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 566
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 556
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 536
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 558

last ones i've got

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 546
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 532
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 558

Back