HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

Here’s my problem. Stupid me went 4x4 in my STOCK!!! Explorer and got stuck in a swamp kind of creek thing. I don't really know what is but basically flooded grass. Its winter, about -13c and about 5 in of snow. So I broke through the ground and the wheels are in ruts and spinning freely. Ground level is the frame. How do I get out?

What I have available to me is a Kubota L2800 (Ruffly the same weight if not alittle heavier then the truck) with plow and Front end loader. I have a 3/4 ton come along and a 2 ton hoist. Lots of chain, no straps. I am a one man show with no help.

I have tried hooking a chain to the frame and the tractor and pulled from behind the truck and got nothing but spinning tires.

I have tried lowering the plow to the ground and curling the bucket to pull the truck out....Nothing

I have tried anchoring the tractor and using the 3/4 ton come along and got no where. I stopped one I couldn't move the handle back on forth easily in worry of breaking the chain.

My next moved was to try from the front of the truck. Anchor the tractor to the ground by putting the bucket and plow down. Attaching the 2 ton hoist to the bucket (there’s hooks welded to it). Attaching a chain to both side of the front frame, placing wooden rams on the front tires to help lift it to higher ground while I pull. My question is worth trying or a stupid idea? Is a hoist to dangerous to use in the vertical position?

Sorry I have no actual picks but i will post them once i can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I havent been on here in a long while , but this does suck. It doesnt look that bad though. Time for some 31x10.5's and maybe a locker , I would say bigger tires but if you want to keep what little gas milage you have I wouln't go much bigger then that.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Athlonman

We've had three days in Southern Ontario above freezing. Have you tried to get that thing out of the mud again this weekend?

yeah i took a look at it this weeked and i can still stand on the ice. its getting better though. there is about 2 iches of water and top of the 5 inches of Ice, Today there saying 6c tomorow 13c and weds 10c thurs 6c and fri 3c. So its going to be pretty warm the next 5 days. something better happen. :roll:

I sure hope you will get it out soon. You are holding a record now

Saturday they are calling for -2 again and a few more days of cold, so hopefully you can get it out before then, otherwise it may be a while again.

frozen ground is easier to get out of than much when it thaws and is still cold, otherwise you will be there until late into spring, maybe summer when it's dry...a shovel, a high lift and branches or even cinder blocks are good...start on the rear tires, put a 2x or 4x under a hi lift, raise, yoe can put blocks or 4x or 6x post under...then lift up the front, the way it looks it might take progressive lifting and blocking to get it high enough...heres an old trick...got a chainsaw and four 4x or better fence post? after you have the front and rear block up, trench if you have tto two railways from the front tire blocking to the rear tire blocking...then trench two railways directly behind the rear vehicles...cut and lay the fencepost, =rails, in the first rail ways then lay out the rear railways....be sure to scrape the much off the tires before you attempt to back up...now its like a train on slick rails but you should be able to get out....i've done this on big caterpillar equipment and my personal trucks that have got stuck...sitting in that mess is terrible on that truck, starter, batteries, wiring, etc...good luck, i know this works..

I am about an hour away from you. if u get to gettin it out let me know:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

damn.....how about a **** load of ice melt and a good pull. with a front end loader...

don't make me come up there with my 2.3l and have to pull you out, lmao....ok, so it's the fsecond day of spring, how is the truck? thawed out?

I can't imagine leaving my X stuck and unatended for even a day!!!

Thats because in turlock, if you did that your X would be stripped clean.

Toche! That is so correct it's not even funny! I'd sleep in mine before I left it all by herself!

I left mine overnight once, but it was in the middle of a orange orchard where no one could see it. It was like 5pm getting dark and it was burried to the floor!

**Updated Pics**

Here is an update:

That warm up we had a little while back did a lot of good!, The truck for the most part is out of the water. The surrounding Ice has melted but still a large amount is under the truck. I don't really want to try anything until I can see the differential. Here are some more pics.

18-03-07_1526.jpg

18-03-07_1527.jpg

18-03-07_1525.jpg

18-03-07_1524.jpg

18-03-07_1530.jpg

In this picture you can some what make out the amount of ice that is still under the truck.:roll:
18-03-07_1529.jpg

Icepick, sharpened shovel, sledgehammer, steel pipe, plywood, and a floor jack. Do it big.

After it being stuck for that long, plan on taking apart a lot of stuff

Back