HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!) | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

Here’s my problem. Stupid me went 4x4 in my STOCK!!! Explorer and got stuck in a swamp kind of creek thing. I don't really know what is but basically flooded grass. Its winter, about -13c and about 5 in of snow. So I broke through the ground and the wheels are in ruts and spinning freely. Ground level is the frame. How do I get out?

What I have available to me is a Kubota L2800 (Ruffly the same weight if not alittle heavier then the truck) with plow and Front end loader. I have a 3/4 ton come along and a 2 ton hoist. Lots of chain, no straps. I am a one man show with no help.

I have tried hooking a chain to the frame and the tractor and pulled from behind the truck and got nothing but spinning tires.

I have tried lowering the plow to the ground and curling the bucket to pull the truck out....Nothing

I have tried anchoring the tractor and using the 3/4 ton come along and got no where. I stopped one I couldn't move the handle back on forth easily in worry of breaking the chain.

My next moved was to try from the front of the truck. Anchor the tractor to the ground by putting the bucket and plow down. Attaching the 2 ton hoist to the bucket (there’s hooks welded to it). Attaching a chain to both side of the front frame, placing wooden rams on the front tires to help lift it to higher ground while I pull. My question is worth trying or a stupid idea? Is a hoist to dangerous to use in the vertical position?

Sorry I have no actual picks but i will post them once i can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is more ice under there than i first thought. Dang sorry man.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Glad to see your still kicking (instead of stuck and frozen under the truck).

I would not leave mine anywhere either. Even in a smaller town its just not to good.

I've only left mine once, for about 8 hrs. But the entire engine was in the ocean, I didn't think it was going anywhere, and it was still stock, so I wasn't worried about people stripping it. I did remove about $10,000 worth of tools and kite boarding equipment before I left her, though.

LOL man, that is hysterical that you are still stuck. Sorry, but it is.

That really sucks though.

Its Out!

:exp: Well after almost two months its finally out!

I will let the pics do most of the taking. The high lift jack really helps alot! I don't think i will leave home with out it.

athlonman

24-03-07_1600.jpg

24-03-07_1617.jpg

24-03-07_1620.jpg

24-03-07_1622.jpg

24-03-07_1624.jpg

24-03-07_1625.jpg

Have you found any probs with it yet?

Good job on getting it out. You now hold a record.

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this post. (Probably not as long as you feel you've been waiting for your truck, lol)

Congrats!!!! How cold was that H2O you were wading arround in?

I can't believe your starter still worked, haha, don't forget to change every fluid you can think of.

pimpin :cool:

IMO you should get an award of the "longest stuck"

:rolleyes:

Its good that you're out. Now i did notice one thing, your tires are Firestone wilderness AT's!!! The recall tires lol.I'd definalty replace those now bieng that they have been frozen for 2 months :D

Its good that you're out. Now i did notice one thing, your tires are Firestone wilderness AT's!!! The recall tires lol.I'd definalty replace those now bieng that they have been frozen for 2 months :D

LOL yeah its funny cause i keep getting letters from ford and firestone to get them replaced. The dealer says there not the tires that will explode but i keep trying everytime i get a letter.

The high lift jack really helps alot! I don't think i will leave home with out it.

Couldn't help noticing the damage to the rear bumper. Was that caused by the jack? if so, anyone know how to lift an explorer like that without tearing up the bumper? (Just incase I should get stuck myself someday.)

LOL yeah its funny cause i keep getting letters from ford and firestone to get them replaced. The dealer says there not the tires that will explode but i keep trying everytime i get a letter.

There were some that were ok...very few...Just something with the numbering...

And the saga ends. Congrats on getting out! hope shes still runnin like a charm

WOW!! This was quite an amazing story.

Glad you finally got her out of there!

At first, I saw the driver side pics and was like "Oh, that doesn't look bad, what's the big deal?" but then I saw the passenger side pics... damn that was an impressive amount of ice haha. Glad you got out of there finally, now you know better for next time.

Congrats. I'm surprised it started.... That's a tough ex

Congrats. I'm surprised it started.... That's a tough ex

Yeah i Must off a odd ball truck. It has quite a story behind it. When i purchased this truck it was a roll over. The entire roof was replaced, all windows and other misc body panels. The shop that did the work did a amazing job, i can't tell that there was any work done to it.

When i pulled it out nothing was wrong with it. I changed all the fluids and it drives great. Makes all the same noises it did before it went in there for two months. lol

Well if its any advise i can give a new commer to 4X4ing is get a good high lift jack!

wow.....good job in gettin it back!

Back