Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't paid any attention to this thread, but thought before people started packing their gear I'd put in a reminder. Take your Video Camera! I've got some footage ready on my computer for a new video, but have held off doing another till this event is over. It's been awhile since we've had a new video on the site, and each year this event produces a ton of great footage for a new video. I see that there's a few people riding along, if you don't mind, grab a camera and film like crazy!

Thanks a Ton guys and have a blast! The White Rim in Moab was still my favorite trip of all time, and I can't wait to make it out that way again!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't paid any attention to this thread, but thought before people started packing their gear I'd put in a reminder. Take your Video Camera! I've got some footage ready on my computer for a new video, but have held off doing another till this event is over. It's been awhile since we've had a new video on the site, and each year this event produces a ton of great footage for a new video. I see that there's a few people riding along, if you don't mind, grab a camera and film like crazy!

Thanks a Ton guys and have a blast! The White Rim in Moab was still my favorite trip of all time, and I can't wait to make it out that way again!

Might I suggest a tripod or at least rest your arm on a rock or something. It seems like the best things on the trail always happen when someone is running towards it and the camera is bouncing all over. Sometimes you can hardly see what is going on, or worse, sometimes I get carsick just watching the frame bounce all over and trying to squint and see the action. :D

Heck, most of the best action happen on the same obstacles each time. If you've got a tripod set up a shot facing the obstacles and hit record. Go drive the obstacles while somebody stands by the camera just in case. Don't worry much about moving the camera, just have fun!

running a trail alone? goes against everything i've been taught but ok....gl and im sure we'll come do some S+R if you don't show up

You're right it breaks my own rules - that's why I'm filing a "flight plan" to compensate for it. NO "S" will be needed in the "S+R" since I will not deviate from the trail and no search will be needed; I'll be right on it somewhere. Plus I'll be on Channel 1 CB and also have signal flares (given to me by a friend in the Special Forces) that should be visible from a LONG way out.

If no one was willing to help me in case of emergency I would not do it. But I've already gotten more than one offer of just-in-case help. You guys are the BEST :) And in any case that looks like a heckuva neat trail so even if someone did have to come out for me, they'd have an awesome adventure getting there just as exciting as any one of other trails that have been suggested, so it's all good. :cool: That's what Moab is about :thumbsup:

Mike I got your PM; thanks! :) I'll reply via PM.

Its too bad I can't get away from work sooner. I would really like to run it with you, but I wont be in Moab until Friday night. Have fun on it, maybe next year we can run it. :)

Well now that its close to Moab I finally had my truck inspected and renewed the registration. After driving it for the last few days I realized it had some problems. Between yesterday and today I have installed 4 new ball joints (they were new 3 yrs ago now falling apart until the new ones got in), new trac arm bushings (3yrs old and completely worn out), new radius arm bushings (worn out),
repacked the wheel bearings, installed one new axle passenger side (put my spair back where it belongs inthe back of the X), aligned the X, repaired my collapsed spring perches-in the front they collapsed- (should of used heavy duty ones the first go around) and boxed it in so hopefully it last a little longer this time, added another reinforcement bracket to my track arm bracket (which broke the last time I was in Moab). Ok now I make my final road test today then it goes back on the trailer ready for MOAB:thumbsup:

Well now that its close to Moab I finally had my truck inspected and renewed the registration. After driving it for the last few days I realized it had some problems. Between yesterday and today I have installed 4 new ball joints (they were new 3 yrs ago now falling apart until the new ones got in), new trac arm bushings (3yrs old and completely worn out), new radius arm bushings (worn out),
repacked the wheel bearings, installed one new axle passenger side (put my spair back where it belongs inthe back of the X), aligned the X, repaired my collapsed spring perches-in the front they collapsed- (should of used heavy duty ones the first go around) and boxed it in so hopefully it last a little longer this time, added another reinforcement bracket to my track arm bracket (which broke the last time I was in Moab). Ok now I make my final road test today then it goes back on the trailer ready for MOAB:thumbsup:

did almost all of that last weekend plus some other stuff, pluss worked on the Cheby tow rig, plus the trailer, but we be ready to roll now!!!!!!!

If you don't show Thursday Night/Friday morning meeting, I'll go looking for ya. The trail is 37 miles so that would only take me out on Friday. I'll pm you my cell so if for some reason other then being stuck in Moab you are not going to be in Moab Thursday night please call me. ;)

I seriously doubt you'll have any trouble.

I'll (drive along) go with anyone if someone goes to look for you Gerald... does that make any sense? :confused: :thumbsup: Hopefully someone will have intel on you or about you Thurs and we could figure it then. I'll plan on seeing you all Thurs night at the brewery. ;) I gotta get a shirt this year. :D

Who all is heading through Denver on Thursday? I got info for Douglas but are there any others? Looks like maybe 1-2 PM before I get there (hopefully).
Also just to verify we will be on channel 1..

chad-
the whole CO contingent is leaving from the 4WP on I-70 and Peroria around 3-4 go to the CO thread for more info.

Yeah.... I might get ancy and want to leave a bit earlier (I'm leaving work in Aurora around 11-12:17 so if I'm packed already I may head out 2 hrs or so before you all... we'll see. I'll stop by 4WP for the halibut before I leave town.:thumbsup:

Leebo i usually get hours of footage, just pm me after and ill rip ir to a cd for you.

Who all is heading through Denver on Thursday? I got info for Douglas but are there any others? Looks like maybe 1-2 PM before I get there (hopefully).
Also just to verify we will be on channel 1..

I think most of the CO guys will be running on channel 19 for the trip out there. I think most of us are going to try to leave by 3pm. I know there will be a bunch of us ready to go earlier, but that's why we're going to hit up lunch at Casa Bonita (awesome mexican restaurant with cliff divers) before we leave.

becker69 said:
Thurs night at the brewery. I gotta get a shirt this year.
Beer? I'm in.

Beer? where? what? where am I? whats going on? who am i??

no
i am not a irish frat boy soldier....with a drinking habit.....

I'll be leaving tonight or tomorrow morning..... c'ya there! Hmmm - am I gonna be the long distance participant again?

:mad: It makes me sick that I have to miss Moab this year, especially with all the new victims, I mean drivers this year. I'll see you guys next year.

I'll be leaving tonight or tomorrow morning..... c'ya there! Hmmm - am I gonna be the long distance participant again?

I guess I better go clean up the extra bedroom. See ya soon.
Are you bringing that mangey mutt?

He aint' mangey, and the answer is yes. He's getting bored and needs some kitty-cats to play with :D

This is my last logon; c'ya!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a safe trip Gerald, see ya Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back