Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I tried to get everything done, but since it's Sunday & this is how my truck looks; I won't be going to Moab this year:(

I hope you all have a great time out there & see ya all next year!

Attachments

• P1000223 (Small).JPG
    P1000223 (Small).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 200

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry you can't make it Joey.

I'll be there for the Saturday run and dinner. With the new job I can't take any time off and have zero $ so thank God for credit cards! Right now I'm not planning on running Sunday, but I may be able to be talked into it. ;)

Doug or Jamie, do either of you have my cell#? If not and you want it PM me and I'll give it to you, incase you have any problems on your way through the pass and need some help.

See everyone Saturday morning!

I was gonna use my credit card to Mike. haha. But changed my mind when gas prices topped 3.20 :(

so with all the drop outs do we have a finla number or list?? Jamie get your A$$ in gear and get that damn BII out there, no excuses!!!!! by the way you ever hear from Brett???

Sorry Joey and CG wont be making it
Glad to hear your still cruising Gerald, DB_1 been there done that, 36's aren't highway tires just remember slow and easy, stay safe

See Ya'll in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you can't make it Joey.

I'll be there for the Saturday run and dinner. With the new job I can't take any time off and have zero $ so thank God for credit cards! Right now I'm not planning on running Sunday, but I may be able to be talked into it. ;)

Doug or Jamie, do either of you have my cell#? If not and you want it PM me and I'll give it to you, incase you have any problems on your way through the pass and need some help.

See everyone Saturday morning!

I'm so glad you can make it after all! I'll look forward to some more 4-Lo time with ya. :thumbsup:

Not good

Well the wife and I have had a series of unfortunate events. Its not looking good to make the trip.

First of all, she got her hand stuck in a cement mixer = two broken fingers, and another one that's not "broken", but seriously messed up. Luckily they are all still attached and the only thing she'll lose is a fingernail. Check out the pictures on my MySpace page.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=150844577&albumId=866313

Yesterday, I started out with a bad bearing in the front of the Powerstroke. Well, that unfortunatley means the whole hub assembly. So $300 later, I'm at parents house with the front wheel pieces spread out across the driveway. While trying to get one of the nuts off of the old assembly, the breaker bar slipped off and I slammed my knuckle into the truck's knuckle...the truck won. So I broke my finger and my wife and I are now both wrapped in splints. (Sucks for dishes).

Anyway, so I put it all back together with the new hub assembly and started cleaning up. I went to put the wheel back on and the lug nuts are a different size! The studs on the new assembly have a different pitch than the old ones. I couldn't put the wheel on. I tried going to a few parts stores, but nobody had the right size of lug nuts. So I went home and called a few places that are open late on Saturday nights (not a lot of those). One of them said that if I could just bring it in, he could match the nuts to the studs. Well buddy, I just spent the past few hours tearing it apart and broke my finger in the process. I'm not going to take it back off to come match the nuts, but thanks. So it is still over at my parents place on jack stands waiting for lug nuts. I have to wait for the tire stores to open tomorrow before I can get lug nuts that'll fit.

So, at about 10:30 last night I headed back to my parents to clean up the the jack that I had left out. I stopped at walmart to get some cards for Mothers' Day. Bad idea. There were about 500 other people that waited til the last minute like me. So literally an hour later with nothing but 4 cards, I left Walmart and headed for my parents house. Well I got a flat tire. I have had this Explorer for 13 years and the first flat I've had on it comes on the day that I had taken the jack handle out to use on the truck's jack and was the tool I was on my way to get. :rolleyes: So, I was about a mile from my parents' house. They were out of town, and my wife was without a car since I had both of them broken down. :) That means I was on foot to my parents. I walked there, got what I needed and took my dad's truck back to the explorer, changed the tire, drove dad's truck back, then walked back to the explorer. I got home at 1:30am and was still dirty and greasy and had to shower before crashing into bed. Not exactly the day I had planned.

Where does that leave us? Budget with a big dent for those parts. Two busted up hands (especially wife's, mine's not bad). No spare tire because I split the sidewall and am now running the spare. Lost day of getting Explorer ready, which = no cb or tranny fan.

Wow, people are dropping off like flies...sorry to hear about everyone's bad luck:thumbdwn:

Wow... I am sorry to hear of your misfortunes. When it rains it pours, I guess :thumbdwn: :mad: Hopefully both your wife's fingers and yours will heal alright, and sorry to hear that your trip is in jeopardy. Get fixed, we'll send prayers ;) .

Dig-
omg that was just......im sorry dude hope u and ur wife heal up fast!

on my day: after moving into my new apartment which is *pimping* im showing one of my fraternity bros who lives downstairs around. he brought his dog up to visit mine. well one of the coolest things about this apartment is that we get the whole roof of the building as our patio....yeah pent house!
well we take the dogs out onto the roof, and remember that 2 sides of the roof have a 3-4ft wall around them, 1 has the wall of of my apartment and the last is open, we are next to one of the walled sides and my friends dog (after being on the roof for a total of 30seconds) decides its a good idea to JUMP ONTO THE WALL AND THEN OFF THE ROOF! WE'RE 3 STORIES UP!!! my friend runs into the apartment and heads down the stairs as i run to the edge and see the dog hit the ground with a loud yelp. i grab my dog, throw him in the kennel, grab the keys, and run out to the stairwell. i procede to jump from my landing onto the floor below me (remember all these events take place in about 30secs) and actually catch my bro on the stairs before we get to the ground floor. run outside where the dog is lying on the ground looking at us, my bro (blaise) tells the dog (kodi) to "stay" and "not move" we run over and blaise takes kodi's head in his hands controlling c-spine while i do a quick trauma assessment: -spinal defect -deformaties -tenderness -ALOC/LOC all in all no obvious trauma, so i run over to queenie fire her up and pull into the street we load and go....
eventually get to the animal hosp after another adventure of trying to find a vet open on sunday, where blaise hops out before im even stopped, i park and we start calling ppl telling them what happens
3hrs later: doc brings kodi out...and there is nothing wrong with him! HE FELL FREAKING 30FEET AND DOESN'T HAVE A SCRATCH!!!

im amazed

BTW:
sound system is workin on the bronc again, the alarm is acting kinda weird now though....
and something is clunking in the susp again...
hardwiring the CB tuesday night!

Well I will find out today the status of my tranny. I called the dealer and asked them to disconnect the battery to let the PCM reset. I have been told that if I change from an XCAL2 modified tune back to the stock tune it can affect the tranny shifting, and other things as well. The service advisor agreed with me and said they would try that first before removing the tranny. So I just have to wait and see what happens. If i need a new tranny it wont be done until Thursday at the earliest.

Chad

I went wheeling a bit yesterday because my GF got herself a 07 FJ cruiser and well since shes a mom and it was mothers day we did whatever she wanted.

I got stuck in the mud and something is not 100% correct under my truck (I suspect my 200K mi BW1354 t case is on its last legs) then later in the day I seperated my front pass side axle shafts (too much travel)

So all is well and I will have the BII ready to go by Thurs afternoon no problem! hahaha

Yes I do talk to Brett, I talk to him pretty much daily as he is one of my best friends. He is not coming this year, he just moved into a new house.

Off to the junk yard!

Spas, believe me, the next 6 months will fly by. Moab will be here before we all know it and we will be scrambling to wrench on our rigs the night before. I can't wait though!

Well, I told ya so.

Looks like we are loosing quite a few each day!

My BII is getting pretty close. I pulled the F150 coil spacers to get rid of the positive camber, and now have extreme negative camber, to be expected though. Also just finished ripping out my dad's grenaded 9" ARB, should be ready to go LATE thursday night!

Wow, people are dropping off like flies...sorry to hear about everyone's bad luck:thumbdwn:

Wow... I am sorry to hear of your misfortunes. When it rains it pours, I guess :thumbdwn: :mad: Hopefully both your wife's fingers and yours will heal alright, and sorry to hear that your trip is in jeopardy. Get fixed, we'll send prayers ;) .

Dig-
omg that was just......im sorry dude hope u and ur wife heal up fast!

Thanks for the concern guys. We are doing fine. The broken hands wouldn't keep us from Moab, but I don't think I can get the Explorer ready, the brakes are acting up, so I am going to have to tear it apart and see if its just pads/shoes and a trip to the lathe, or new rotors/drums. I think it is the latter at least for the drums cause I've been holding out for a disc conversion probably too long. The budget has taken a dive to fix the Powerstroke's hub assembly, so if I'm doing a complete brake job, that will probably take away the gas money for Moab. I'm still trying to make things work, but we might have to wait a month or two for Moab. If anyone wants to make another trip in a couple of months, I'd be interested. That would give me, my hand, my wife's hand, the explorer, and the budget enough time to recover. What trails besides Fins & Things allow ATVs? I can still use a clutch with a broken finger. :D I don't know if the wife will go for it, but maybe I can take the 4-wheelers instead of the Explorer.

hey, dignan, just read that you might not be coming after I PMd you about the campsite.

just keep me posted.

and I hope you guys heal fast!

Well I am still in for leaving Wednesday. The dealer called me and they have the parts in stock that I need. But for some reason they have to wait until Ford ESP tells them OK to repair.

They told me it needs a new valve body, new servo, and new band. And they know I am trying to leave Wed. So I just need to keep my fingers crossed.

Wow... I am sorry to hear of your misfortunes. When it rains it pours, I guess

X2!

Man, I'm sure sorry to hear about your you and your wife's hands. You guys don't mess around!:eek:

gjarrett
tilt168
mboyle
becker69
fakrwee
Jefe
928sport
Brian1
410fortune
FlyBoyCoe
moab2
rick
jstrider
chad551 - tranny problems - may still come
goliath
msupertek
mountaineergreen
db_1

Spas - ride along

37 signed up for dinner at the Branding Iron.

====================================

My highspeed connection died. I'm on 28.8 :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only two days left before I head out!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back