Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow okay yes yes yes I know I waited until today to reserve a room in Moab, We were not sure if we were gonna be able to make it due to $$$$$ but we are coming so I called and got a room today.......possibly the last room in the entire area

I'm staying at the "adventure Inn" looks decent enough..

See you guys Fri morning 9am
we get in town around 10-11pm Thurs night

(puts down keyboard, goes to garage to prep and pack BII which needs ALOT of work hahaha)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a reminder...

The Moab T-Shirt shop should still have our design in their computer.

Just ask for the "explorer' design or the "serious explorations" design. Hopefully they'll still have it. The design is the 4x4 characterature with www.explorer4x4.com under it.

3hrs later: doc brings kodi out...and there is nothing wrong with him! HE FELL FREAKING 30FEET AND DOESN'T HAVE A SCRATCH!!!

im amazed

Glad your bro's dog is alright... that pooch is way lucky :eek:

I still have a reservation at canyon lands. PM me if you need a spot

I took a sick day and got the rear diff pulled apart (the pinion nut was loose! :eek: ) and put back together with all new bearings. Just need to fill it up and the Rig should be good to go. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ok I dunno if its just a mistake (multiple) or what but I can't for the life of me get on that damn list
I AM COMING
I WILL BE AT DINNER FOR 1

thank you
Marshall

P.S. I did respond to Rick's email about dinner! I also registered along time ago!

I have the entire front end of my BII torn apart currently
:)

No problem making the thurs afternoon deadline to hit the road and I'll even have time to clean her up!

A weld failed in my front axleshaft causing it to seperate yesterday when wheeling :) No problem-o I have all the spare parts I need here at home and a welder, plus my welding skills are improving so this time its not coming apart (I was jumping my truck yest a bit)

Cant friggin wait to get there been WAY TOO long

pics if carnage and Moab prep coming

BII is getting some TLC, pack the wheel bearings, replace a couple of small parts and shes good as new

I went wheeling a bit yesterday because my GF got herself a 07 FJ cruiser and well since shes a mom and it was mothers day we did whatever she wanted.

Somehow I don't think you were very enthused about it...lol.

You have an elec. or manual T-case Jaime?

So I went and put myself smack dab in the middle of an amp install for my stereo. My Kenwood deck doesen't power my speakers enough to hear over the road noise so now it's a mad dash to get it buttoned up tomorrow.

my t case is 1354 e shift, its on its 3rd shift motor. This is the same T case I bought from Denver Ford parts about 8 years ago (guessing) when I originally did the 4.0L conversion...it had 130K or so miles on it then. It's on its 3rd rebuilt shift motor.

It is showing signs of wear for sure, last time I changed the fluid (3 months ago) there were plenty of metal flakes....

I am trying to get my hands on a new/used 1354 before thursday, I have a line on one from a friend just have to go pick it up

Usually I leave a day late for Moab due to mods being installed last minute, this year I am ahead of schedule! but I wont be getting any of the big mods I planned to have done by now....done......

I read on the Branding Iron site, people that twist their wire looms around the steering shafts are not welcome. :p:

Man i wish I could make this trip!

I sure am glad I dunno anyone with that bad of luck Wish you could make it to you and ur pops were cool dudes, well he was anyway!

X is on the trailer, trailer on the truck, just waitin to get my a$$ on the road!!

36 hrs and counting

Man Jamie, I threw away the old t-case from my X when I moved last year. If I knew someone actually wanted an electric shift case I would have kept it.

Drive safe man... you (and Gerald) have a LOT more miles to cover than most of us who are still coming. :thumbsup:

Rick, the last post I made disappeared. I'm arriving tomorrow with Ralph. Take me off the big dog list. I'll be taking the Zuki and doing stocker trails. Staying till Monday at KOA.

My tranny is being worked on so hopefully they get it put back in, so I can leave this evening. Got everything in the garage ready to be loaded up.

Chad

Marshall, I'm really not trying to ignore you...

I posted yesterday explaining what happened and my post got deleted along with everyone elses because of the database glitch...

No worries, you're on the list for the run and dinner:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man Jamie, I threw away the old t-case from my X when I moved last year. If I knew someone actually wanted an electric shift case I would have kept it.

Thanks! remember I am different still rocking the e shift and the TTB! hahaha
Wouldnt have it any other way.

My buddy Joe Deitz had a 93 1354 e shift t case with about 200 miles on it since a rebuild sitting around and he made me a great deal on it. It goes in this AM :) But thanks for thinking of me!

See you guys there, I am ahead of schedule which is absolutely amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back