Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everyone drive safe!!

Jefe I dont envy you man........thats a long as drive from So Cal I followed Ranger X out there and I was like hell I am just gonna keep going to CO.......
This is what we do

Yes, to everyone, drive safe and good luck on your journey to Moab.

I can't believe that we will be IN MOAB tomorrow! I already have butterflies.

Weather looks good. 85-90 highs, lows in the 50's, partly cloudy, 30% chance of T-storms Thurs.

Jefe I dont envy you man........thats a long as drive from So Cal I followed Ranger X out there and I was like hell I am just gonna keep going to CO.......
John and I always break it up into two 6 hour trips by stopping in St George at his Mother-in-Laws. Plus this will be the first trip in a long time that we'll be able to swap drivers.

that helps for sure! Nothing like driving 13 hours so you can drive 10 hours a day for 3 days then drive another 13 hours home :)

Heading out in 5 hrs...:D

I hope to be heading out from ST.Louis, by 6 pm. Keeping my fingers crossed my tranny will be fixed in time.

Last post for me before I head out in a few hours. I'm going through AZ and staying in Flagstaff overnight then finishing the drive up into Monument Valley Thurs. morning. I've always wanted to check out that area, should be a nice primer to the Moab scenery:cool:

See everyone out there!

I gotta be at the airport @ 4am tomorrow to make my flight :fart: And after a particularly nasty fight with the boyfriend last night followed by a hellish day at work today, I'm 100% sure that I need a healthy dose of slickrock, sun and fun with friends :p:

Everybody be safe and smart on your trip out!

Okay I just contacted Rick with a plan I want to do and he came up with a good further suggestion for me.

For a long time I have wanted to run Lockhart Basin but it's a long trail and I've never been able to find someone to run it with me. The Wells book suggests not to run it alone because it is a remote trail. It starts just outside of town beyond the entrance to Kane Creek Canyon and ends south of Moab down by Elephant Hill.

I plan to arrive a day or two early and since I will be approaching Moab from the southern end, I would very much like to run Lockhart Basin backwards south-to-north and take that trail into town Thursday.

Pilots file a flight plan to notify others of their route so that in case they don't arrive, people know where to start searching for them. I would like to file a Moab "trail plan" with you guys and if I do not show up Thursday night at the Moab Brewery or at the Silver Sage Inn where I am staying, or especially if I am not at the driver's meeting on Friday morning at the City Market, you'll know that I'm broke down somewhere on Lockhart Basin. My vehicle is in top shape with new belts/hoses/etc and I've got full trail gear and spares, but there's always that 2% chance that Mr Murphy could show up on the trail.

There's been about fifteen dozen ideas thrown around for a Friday run; is it okay if I do this and a couple of you would be willing to change your plans Friday if Mr Murphy showed up and I didn't, and come get me on Lockhart Basin?

PS ~ or better yet, maybe someone arriving early from the south would like to run it with me :)

I just got a message from Gerald....he's at the Trailhead, but no cell coverage after that. So for those of you getting in town tonight....hopefully you can find him at the Brewery :)
I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon with my son, Ivan--flying to Salt Lake City and driving down. Since flight gets into SLC at 10:30pm, we'll be getting into town LATE, so see you Friday morning.

Truck is fixed and ready to go!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am heading out in an hour or so. See everyone in Denver:thumbsup:

Truck is fixed and ready to go!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am heading out in an hour or so. See everyone in Denver:thumbsup:

what time in denver? there is still no set time other then somewhere around 2-5 at 4WP....

Let's say 3 pm at 4WP in denver.

Let's say 3 pm at 4WP in denver.

I got mail from Chad saying he was planning on getting into Denver 12-1 or so... He said he'd be on Channel 19.

I'm planning on leaving Buckley at around 1:17 er, uh, 13:17 I mean :D
So I'll be an hour or so ahead of you guys.... to the brewery :D
Call me if your plans change, I'll stop at 4WP before I leave town... I just want to beat the mountain Fri PM traffic since the weather's great :cool:

Woo-Hoo I can't wait for some slicksrock... finally!! :D :bounce: :bounce: :)

people are meeting on Thurs at 4wp not Friday I believe

Transfer case is in and everything works! 6 hours total today also serviced the rear diff

good to go like a crunchwrap

Marshall, I'm really not trying to ignore you...

I posted yesterday explaining what happened and my post got deleted along with everyone elses because of the database glitch...

No worries, you're on the list for the run and dinner:thumbsup:

LOL its all good, I was gonna show anyway :p: I'll be leaving early tomorrow morn. Everyone be safe, OMG I can't wait It's finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people are meeting on Thurs at 4wp not Friday I believe...
good to go like a crunchwrap

You're absolutely right... that was a typo when I put Fri! :thumbsup:

Glad your T-case is in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back