Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man that mower would look great some where ur house like and art piece great job on it man!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

ok, for an oven, I'm looking for something like this to build off of--

it is a roll in proofer--there is a roll in refrigerator in the same guy's ebay store-shipping on it is 356 bux though--:eek:
It looks identical to the proofer from the outside--

shipping on the proofer is 293--I think it would cost quite a bit to build a box like this

At this time I am open to ideas--Maybe someone knows of an alternative?

Attachments

• proofer.jpg
    proofer.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,044
  • proofer1.jpg
    proofer1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,047

A restaurant supply might have some used.

That is a hard search. My local powder coater has a large booth, it looks like a paint booth in size. I need to get two brackets made and have them powder coated.

Jon, if I get that done sometime soon I'll ask him what options he might know of. If you need to research more sooner, I can try to dig up his phone number. Regards,

I am building my spray booth. It will be well lit, with white fiberglass walls.
I'll build holes in one wall where I can fit 2 disposable furnace filters-
for air evacuation I have this, which will be ducted to opposite wall

Attachments

• dust collector.jpg
    dust collector.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,033

Wow, moving right along with the equipment!

Have you thought of building your own oven? Use heavy gauge sheetmetal, fiberglass insulation, a couple of oven burners and thermostats. You could make it as large as you like, even going as far as to make the walls moveable to make it more efficient. Make it just as big as it needs to be.

Wow, moving right along with the equipment!

Have you thought of building your own oven? Use heavy gauge sheetmetal, fiberglass insulation, a couple of oven burners and thermostats. You could make it as large as you like, even going as far as to make the walls moveable to make it more efficient. Make it just as big as it needs to be.

Yeah--you ought to see what some guys are doing!!

search for pregnant oven lol

I got as far as pricing the materials--if I could get that proofer oven and rack for 600 shipped to me I'd be way ahead. I could then fix elements and a fan.

the fridge ended at 286 plus the freight, I think I have a shot.

how hot does it need to be?

How about two ovens pushed together? It'd make for more consistent heat. Just fold the doors down, make the foam board stuff to bridge the gap.

That's not a bad idea.
how hot does it need to be?

Some. like black, need 425 degrees for 10 minutes.

Now, the high temp coatings can withstand 1200 F, but cure at 450 for 16 minutes.

I thought all chrome(or gold) can only be done with electroplating nickel and chrome onto the object. Is there a powder coat that can match the look of chrome?

BTW the parts look awesome, man I would love to have one of those setups, But I am guessing that the cost of admission is beyond my reach at this time.

I thought all chrome(or gold) can only be done with electroplating nickel and chrome onto the object. Is there a powder coat that can match the look of chrome?

BTW the parts look awesome, man I would love to have one of those setups, But I am guessing that the cost of admission is beyond my reach at this time.
This isn't my work-I haven't done anything this nice to start with yet-

Eastwood's SS chrome

It isn't chrome, but it still looks good

I like that Eastwood chrome, I'm not a fan of real chrome.

Wow that stuff is amazing, now I really want to learn more about this!!!

I love the softness of the powder chrome finish, almost satin as apposed to the hard clean lines of the real chrome very cool stuff.

OK but the bottle brings up one question, how can you electronically bond the powder on a glass bottle? I thought you had to have the item grounded for the particles to stick.

Today I custimized and powdercoated a set of Hyabusa stock rear foot peg brackets.
At the bottom, there used t be a large hoop for the tailpipe mount. He told me to take them off, and do something-
So, I cut an arc in, and ground them down to a point-I then used a sanding drum, then a flap drum to shape and polish them up.
Then a coat of back poly powdercoat, baked for 10 minutes

About 3 hours total time-

Attachments

• busa brackets 001.jpg
    busa brackets 001.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 992
  • busa brackets 002.jpg
    busa brackets 002.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,004

Shiny!

Back