Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Boy am I behind--

OK here are some explorer wipers I took in from a member with 3--yes 3 explorers--

Some showing before look-and some after beadblasting. I am not using sand, or metallic media, rather I use glass beads only-this is very important.
Oh I love the new air supply!

Attachments

• explorer wipers 001.jpg
    explorer wipers 001.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 948

Here is the finished product--

on the left-rear wipers which I cannot powdercoat due to the plastic end--so I used black stove paint, and 2 coats Satin poly--
On the right are 6 fronts-powdercoated with gloss black texture-I can hardly see a visual difference--

Attachments

• explorer wipers 002.jpg
    explorer wipers 002.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 959
  • explorer wipers 003.jpg
    explorer wipers 003.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 947

Jon,

They look GREAT! I'll bet the guys wife can hardly wait to get them back so she can clean her window! LOL (She was surprised when she realized they weren't there)

Ed...

My neighbor loaned me a pipewrench. I decided to clean it up before I returned it. Think it will get a laugh?

Attachments

• pipewrench.jpg
    pipewrench.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 915

Nice, now paint it orange to look like new.

My neighbor loaned me a pipewrench. I decided to clean it up before I returned it. Think it will get a laugh?

That looks awesome, but I'm thinking you have way too much time on your hands.

Get a laugh? maybe, but not as much as powder coating your hootus.

Now I know why Mr. Roger always asked "Won't you be my neighbor?" Blasting and powder coating for loaned tools!

I took in a set of chrome steel wheels, which are peeling. Man, blasting the chrome off sucks----any tips? What I have figured so far is to hit them with a wire wheel to get the larger flakes off. This will keep them out of my cabinet. Big chunks clog it up, and I have to sift the beads---

I like that SS chrome finish on those valve covers. I'll have to keep that in mind when I get to doing detail work.

I like that SS chrome finish on those valve covers. I'll have to keep that in mind when I get to doing detail work.

I just received 2 lbs today--

Well, I did these bumper brackets, am working on the fan now. I finally got all of the stuff off it.

Those look nice. I could use a set ;)

I need some suggestions, and didn't want to start a new thread.
I would like to start acquiring various parts to powdercoat, and offer for exchange to keep downtime to a minimum. At this point, I am asking for ideas-so I can scour ebay and craigslist. If you guys want, or think you might want later-( no I'm not holding anyone to this--) give me ideas!!!!

Maybe the trim piece that goes around the neon 3rd brake like on a '97? I've got an extra, and both are pretty faded. :D Rear hatch handle? Valve covers? (I might need some of those too!) :biggthump:

Maybe the trim piece that goes around the neon 3rd brake like on a '97? I've got an extra, and both are pretty faded. :D Rear hatch handle? Valve covers? (I might need some of those too!) :biggthump:
Thanks for the input--
I might even be able to match body color pretty well on the light surround.

It's just black. Bad photo, but everything around the window is black. I guess it might look cool it was all color matched.
DSCN4356.jpg

Ooops--I didn't see this--
Send the tail light--I'll fix it up.

I just recieved 2 new colors I am dying to try.

Clear-transparent black!!!! full mirror gloss. Cures at 400 degrees for 7 minutes--
shows full undercoat--

Also , Black chrome. It is supposed to go with this for items which are not polished---it is a full cover. Both are polyester.

Now, I need to find out which kind of beer it is which comes in those nice little metal bottles---for some test swatches--:thumbsup:

And cooking at 400 degrees for 7 minutes may improve the taste. :D

Back