Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

cruisincali

Reaction score
City, State
costa mesa ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt
Lets see who has the coolest wheels. Size and brand also.
img263.jpg

20" DAAT D52 245/35/20 Tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's two of mine..

The big one is a $40 15x8" chrome mod from discount tire..

the little one is from ace hardware and is used to keep the shackle from digging into rock ledges.

~Mark

tires cost me $600 from 1 of my local tire dealers
rims cost me $200 shipped to my door thanks to JOSHC
there arr rims! if u didnt no already!!

100_1521.jpg

I just have to post
dd005.jpg

Dan Whitaker's

I really like these-
Dick Cepek-DC-1's

Attachments

• dan's wheel.jpg
    dan's wheel.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9,829
  • lift done.jpg
    lift done.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 9,835

Trucks kinda drirty

Boss 20s, 274/45 Hankook Ventus ST06s

Shaving roof racks, antenna, emblems, and side strip this winter, painting rear bumper, and stang scoop as well.

hvac911...your brakes!...they look so...... SO SMALL!...LOL

my wheels....my brakes....my X....

Ryan

well I talked to a few guys who are experts and they said they have never seen a wheel do that before. All I did was go thru a puddle, I didnt bounce, I wasnt airborne, there was no pothole.. I guess the rims just suck

well I talked to a few guys who are experts and they said they have never seen a wheel do that before. All I did was go thru a puddle, I didnt bounce, I wasnt airborne, there was no pothole.. I guess the rims just suck
Were they aluminum? As you know, aluminum is brittle and I've cracked the stock 15-inch stock "teardrop" aluminum wheel before -- but that was after sliding around in a mild Rochester, NY snow storm.

BTW, looking at the crack, if that wheel is indeed cast aluminum, that looks a little on the thin side. If you think its poor design, maybe try contacting DOT/NHTSA

Sorry I havent posted pics of mine, but you can check them out here.

Rubyslow that is the scariest thing I have ever seen, and hvac does have small brakes. lol Other than that nice looking wheels you guys. Keep em coming. Big tire small wheels and thin tire big wheels, which look better??

Rubyslow that is the scariest thing I have ever seen, and hvac does have small brakes. lol Other than that nice looking wheels you guys. Keep em coming. Big tire small wheels and thin tire big wheels, which look better??

Off topic who did you air bags? And thanks for the comment on the wheels and I know the dics look small but there stock no kits to up grade with out major modications.

Off topic who did you air bags? And thanks for the comment on the wheels and I know the dics look small but there stock no kits to up grade with out major modications.
The front was done by Master Image Customs and the rear was done by my buddy at Rowdy Customs. I would like to go lower in the rear but i dont want to cut through the floor and ruin my system. Still needs a lot of work
though.

I could post pics of my stock "deerhoof" rims, but I am sure you all know what they are like.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought it was from them hitting the curb/wall when you lost control. Isn't that where the damage come from on your bumper?

Back