Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

22's

That broken wheel is scary, most of these wheels don't rate enough for the trucks.

Attachments

• Moven 18x8.5 72lbs 007.JPG
    Moven 18x8.5 72lbs 007.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 5,715
  • Brakeproject015.JPG
    Brakeproject015.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 5,699

275/45R20 (pics from the second day of the drop)

101_0954.jpg

101_0951.jpg

275/55/17 on 17x8 w/5" BS

dcade9fc.jpg

63b80067.jpg

c24cb8db.jpg

That broken wheel is scary, most of these wheels don't rate enough for the trucks.

Those are cool? What are they off of? I looked at mercedes wheels and most of them were 5 on 112, not 5 on 114. Does that make enough of a difference?

My 18's are Moven M13's, a Mercedes aftermarket wheel. The seller had a machine shop which could redrill the six holes. The bolt pattern was changed with inserts, and the hub center hole opened up to match mine. They did a great job, except that the machining broke through the clear coat, and over time the clear has separated, most is gone now.

Here's a shot of mine, sorry, its just a "photodropped" photo I had on this computer. Actual drop is about a 5/4. Tires are 275/45-20 Goodyears. Bags have been collecting dust for a while and have yet to be installed, oh well, one project at a time :(
02explorer.jpg

RVM, unknown model, 20x8.5 with 2" spacers on the rear....

IM000083Large.jpg

Wth!

well I talked to a few guys who are experts and they said they have never seen a wheel do that before. All I did was go thru a puddle, I didnt bounce, I wasnt airborne, there was no pothole.. I guess the rims just suck

Words can't really describe that, but it looks like someone opened fire on you there! Goodness!

well I talked to a few guys who are experts and they said they have never seen a wheel do that before. All I did was go thru a puddle, I didnt bounce, I wasnt airborne, there was no pothole.. I guess the rims just suck

That sucks!!! How fast were you going?

hvac911...your brakes!...they look so...... SO SMALL!...LOL

my wheels....my brakes....my X....
dsc04099an2.jpg

Ryan

Ryan, looking good! I remember seeing a post when you completed the back. Would mind giving details on what you had to do to complete the swap? I need to do the brakes soon on the Explorer and the Ranger. That brake setup won't fit on a 15" wheel setup, will it? Not sure what I'll do on the Ranger yet, but I definitely want to do something similar on the Explorer!

hey guys will these wheels fit a '99 2wd ok?

http://www.wheelreplicas.com/bullittm.html

thay have a special with 4 rims+tires for $1300

they are 20x8.5 for the front with a 36mm offset and 255/35ZR20 tires, and 20x10 for the back with 45mm offset and 295/30ZR20 tires

hey guys will these wheels fit a '99 2wd ok?

http://www.wheelreplicas.com/bullittm.html

thay have a special with 4 rims+tires for $1300

they are 20x8.5 for the front with a 36mm offset and 255/35ZR20 tires, and 20x10 for the back with 45mm offset and 295/30ZR20 tires

I know the bolt pattern is right but not sure about offsets... Sorry.

And make sure they will work for an SUV, it only talks about mustangs, so they might not have the right weight rating or whatever they go by.

18x9 Saleen's with Nitto rubber

Attachments

• DSC03202.JPG
    DSC03202.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 5,515

Good looking X, silverblade.

Tires are 275/45R20 Hankook Ventus ST

expl4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's (CobraXP)David's custom made bumper, very well done. He made less than 10 I believe, last year. Check out the wing he made also for them.

Back