Blue...Headliner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blue...Headliner

W

WhiteLimited

So I just got done with my head liner today and wanted to show you guys =D I really like it! It goes very well with with my blue and clear lighting on the inside.

Picture035.jpg

Picture037-1.jpg

Picture041-1.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Lights...
Picture055.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Now what I will be doing next is painting a few things to match the lights and the headliner. The blue looks so good with pearl white truck =D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a writeup on how to do headliners?
I've been wondering about this for a while now cauz my tow rig is in serious need of an interior overhaul - including the headliner.

thats pretty sweet

Do you have a writeup on how to do headliners?
I've been wondering about this for a while now cauz my tow rig is in serious need of an interior overhaul - including the headliner.

For my Explorer:

5 yards of fabric, 3M heavy duty general automotive adhesive 2 cans.

Remove the headliner, lay it fabric facing up on a clean dry floor. Lay the new fabric over...Checking for length and width matching up. start from the front or back and work your way to the other end in small 1ft-2ft sections. Liberally spraying the headliner with adhesive...Then laying down the fabric and working it in the dips and such with your hands. Once its all done let it sit fabric facing up for 24 hours then cut out all your holes for mounting. Then reinstall...!

=D

Wow,
Nice
I have the fabric-just never had the guts to attempt this
Wanna do mine?:D

Did you take pictures of the process?

Theres not really a process. I'll add a few more pictures for you. I will edit my post take a look!

That looks really cool with the grey and it matches the LED lighting. I think maybe find something to replace the wood trim though. Other than that, looks awesome.

That looks really cool with the grey and it matches the LED lighting. I think maybe find something to replace the wood trim though. Other than that, looks awesome.

Thats my next step...I'm going to save the wood grain and get a new one. Paint it to match the headliner. Along with the cup holders, message center, all four door handles, around my gauges, my sun roof and temp center.

I think thats it? Maybe?

Any one else like it?
Nope. :D Nah, looks great. Not exactly sure on the color choice, but it does stand out, which is pretty cool. Once you get more blue in there it will look like it belongs there.

Wow,
Nice
I have the fabric-just never had the guts to attempt this
Wanna do mine?:D

Did you take pictures of the process?

Yeah, I have some nice gray suede for mine and have had it for over a year. I haven't had the balls to pull the headliner because I am worried the fabric will not stay stuck to it and it will look like ass after a year. I may go ahead and bring it into the basement this winter and do it though. I also want to find a way to cover the moonroof sliding cover.

Yeah, I have some nice gray suede for mine and have had it for over a year. I haven't had the balls to pull the headliner because I am worried the fabric will not stay stuck to it and it will look like ass after a year. I may go ahead and bring it into the basement this winter and do it though. I also want to find a way to cover the moonroof sliding cover.

I like the contrast between with the two colors along with the mirror visors...

I think it looks awesome. Too flashy for me, but looks great in your X.

I want more pictures of the chick, though. :D

Enjoy. ;)

To take the headliner down you took the plastic off only on the pass. side? Thats what I'm seeing from the pics. I need to get up under mine, My moonroof is not working and I want to get to the motor to troubleshoot, and my headliner needs redone also. Plus I want to get into the amp to bypass it. What I really need to know is if you were able to take just the one side off and pull it down like that. Would appreciate some tips, Thanks

I think it looks awesome. Too flashy for me, but looks great in your X.

I want more pictures of the chick, though. :D

x2 on the girl pictures, i really need to go about doing this in my truck since i have a huge hole in mine. was thinking about doing suede, but i think with cloth seats it would be kinda dumb.

is that a bottle of simply orange I spy??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back