Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

So I got to this post from your sig link..... I want to say that it is completely AWESOME what you did... I always thought the Explorer in that movie looked cool! Rockin'!

Stic, would you do the panoramic roof if i could make it happen for less than 500 bucks?

Stic, would you do the panoramic roof if i could make it happen for less than 500 bucks?

no! I like the the structural integrity just fine thank you:p:

Lookie what I just ordered:D:thumbsup:

license_20071217230504_85958.jpg

Sweet!! Hey Stic, did you just go on the dmv site to find what's available?

Yeah, you want to know how? You kinda have to cheat, by looking up the smog history by plate. If the plate exsist, you will get smog records or no records found or something. Try looking up your van for instance sense it's never had smog yet. If the plate doesn't exsist it will say something different, like no info found or something. you can tell the differance between no plate and a plate that hasn't been smogged yet. and I belive "SPCBLL1" was available;)

i think the best i will be able to do is XPLDPLT

SO not really anywhere to post this but it was kinda funny.

I bought a spare stub shaft off a guy on pirate for $25 bucks shipped, and I've been waiting for Fed Ex or UPS to drop it off. So I go to check my mail box today, and there it is, in a Flat Rate Envelope. The same you would send a document in. It's Hillarious!:D

Good to know! :thumbsup: I've been wasting time boxing parts up for shipping. :rolleyes:

i ve used flat rat envelopes to send parts of wiring harnesses and even a pitman arm. I use flat rate boxes for bigger things. Still under 10 to ship and its trackable and is there in under 3 days.

~Mark

So I finally broke down and finally painted my spare:rolleyes: I also painted the e-track. I figured this would make it easier to them in the dark. I also plan to paint the side boxes yellow, but I to figure out how to mount them and I have to redo the latch system to something more traditional. (hinge and latch)

cargo_area.jpg

cargo_area2.jpg

Lookin good! I should take the carpet out of mine.

Did you take out the little back seat? or is it just folded? I'm thinking of taking mine out and mounting the cooler there.

I need to get up there to wheel with you guys so I can see your truck

Back