Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

Do the 2.5 springs put any kind of strain on the steering stuff? I know you have to start replacing parts when the lift gets so high, because it throws the geometry off.

-Shawn

no not really cuz ur not increasing the size of the strut, ur just increasing the compression... it just adjusts ur ride height a bit... tire wear may be a bit more harsh so rotate then every 3 months but thats just precautionary... i just do it cuz im crazy about tire life

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Y que mas se puede querer?

1.5" front / 1.5" rear... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(I'm working on a good side angle, I can never get that one right... so here is a temporary side profile until I get a good pic :cool:

Very nice Donner.....Cant wait to get mine done!

Thank you and go for it!

It is worth the wait for the springs... they took about 2.5 wks for the fronts, and about 1.5 wks for the rears... worth the wait!

Just to dumb this down to my level...:eek:

All that needs to be done is drop the strut and replace the spring? That almost sounds too good to be true!

Adding to my list!

donner that looks awesome so did you do just the front or front and rear? if you did front and rear how much height for each?

that looks good man... never seen the back lifted and im considering it myself now... nicely done and thanx for taking my advice

All that needs to be done is drop the strut and replace the spring? That almost sounds too good to be true!

Adding to my list!

it does doesnt it? it took everyone a long time to understand how easy it is... ive had my leveling springs on for about a year and a half and it was just like i was talking to a wall when i would suggest it to people... then some took it into their own hands and got some more pics of a successful job... works great and is well worth the money

1.5" front / 1.5" rear

donner that looks awesome so did you do just the front or front and rear? if you did front and rear how much height for each?

that looks good man... never seen the back lifted and im considering it myself now... nicely done and thanx for taking my advice

it does doesnt it? it took everyone a long time to understand how easy it is... ive had my leveling springs on for about a year and a half and it was just like i was talking to a wall when i would suggest it to people... then some took it into their own hands and got some more pics of a successful job... works great and is well worth the money

Adding to my list!

I'm old school, so I gotta dip in front there :D The shop did all the work, so I can't answer about anything there, but to level it out, it would require at least .5 difference higher in front - that back was already up a bit from the factory. :thumbsup:

mines actually level factory maybe from towing a trailer alot. so you went 1.5 all around then?

Yes...

mines actually level factory maybe from towing a trailer alot. so you went 1.5 all around then?

It was going to be leveled at 1.5 front and 1.0 rear, but what the hay, how many chances do you get to do what you want with the vehicle w/o "altering" the suspension? I say have fun with it... :D

donner
ive always wondered...what kind of rims are those.. and can you point me to a website with them?

it would be much appreciated.

American Racing Series

donner
ive always wondered...what kind of rims are those.. and can you point me to a website with them?

it would be much appreciated.

Hi there! I don't know the website, a gentleman opened a catalog and pointed to them. I'd been searching for years for the right rims, and he found them...

Donner, your explorer looks AWESOME with the rear lifted, great job!

The guys at Stanley's are doing all the work

Donner, your explorer looks AWESOME with the rear lifted, great job!

Thanks! I can't get the camera to focus on the side angle (my fault), but it's a lotta fun to see the vehicle when they finish with something. :thumbsup:

Ok, well you made a good choice of mods. :)

Alright! Thanks!

It is a lotta fun doing this stuff... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ur a good man donner... i appreesh

when r u gunna give these things an offroad test? u need to post some pics once u give these things an extensive field test

Back