Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

No prob! With the disability, I'm limited. I was hoping to get in to the mountains here and actually to the snow. That's about as much as I can do... The real challenge is if I can make it through the freeway system in Los Angeles and have all my teeth left when I get back, that's about as tough as being offroad! I'll see if we can't get out to the hills and run through the snow this weekend...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No prob! With the disability, I'm limited. I was hoping to get in to the mountains here and actually to the snow. That's about as much as I can do... The real challenge is if I can make it through the freeway system in Los Angeles and have all my teeth left when I get back, that's about as tough as being offroad! I'll see if we can't get out to the hills and run through the snow this weekend...

I can actually tell that your Explorer is lifted now and it looks great. I too have to drive on LA/OC freeways. I wanted to get 3" up front and 1 1/2" in the rear but I'm afraid the ride may be too rough. I did order some wheels already(pro comp 8069) and they have a slight negative offset which will put more strain on the bearings.

How is the ride with the new springs all around? Is it much stiffer? Maybe I should just do 2 1/2" up front and call it good. Anyways, I plan on ordering them the first day they're open after the new year but I need to figure out what I want to order now. Also, did you install the springs yourself? I'm lookin for a good place to have them swapped out. Thanks

Thank you!

I didn't do the install, Stanley's in San Clemente did. :) I would love to say I did though. ;)

And the drive is fine, I only did 1.5 front and 1.5 rear, so that might be why there's no noticeable ride difference. The freeways though, they test your nerves... with or w/o a lift, the freeways affect your drive. But the tires and rims weigh a ton, and the struts are Monroe, so maybe all of this helps to keep the ride smooth. The ride is smooth, but the roads haven't changed :D

Yes, so true. Thanks for the input Donner. I'll post pics after I get it done, prolly in a month.

Sweet! It'll be nice to see the pics! If you have stock tires, it'll make your tires look small even with the new rims. What size tires do you have now?

I'll try and get a couple of the spring shots posted.

My tires now are stock(245/70/16) but I ordered tires with my new wheels, 265/75/16 on 16x8 pro comp 8069's. I figured I'll definitely need to lift the front.

Beautiful!

That will be beautiful to see! I will be waiting for this :popcorn:

My tires now are stock(245/70/16) but I ordered tires with my new wheels, 265/75/16 on 16x8 pro comp 8069's. I figured I'll definitely need to lift the front.

ur tires will fit stock because a 265/75/16 is a 32 (actually 31.6) inch diameter... if u want to get the highest lift and keep that beast level, suggest 1 in rear and 3 up front... i got 2 upfront and it didnt quite level it completely...def gave me extra but didnt quite do it... i wish i had gone 3 and 1 rather than 2... it wont affect ur ride too much so i woudlnt worry about that

ur tires will fit stock because a 265/75/16 is a 32 (actually 31.6) inch diameter... if u want to get the highest lift and keep that beast level, suggest 1 in rear and 3 up front... i got 2 upfront and it didnt quite level it completely...def gave me extra but didnt quite do it... i wish i had gone 3 and 1 rather than 2... it wont affect ur ride too much so i woudlnt worry about that

I think I'm going to just do the 2 1/2" in front like planting3seeds did to level it then using the money saved from not getting the 1" rear springs towards possibly driving down to SD and getting a body lift done which will give me more lift all around. I can't justify ordering the springs for only an inch. It's a matter of the cost of getting a body lift done though.

What is it, High tech Customz that did the body lift for these? I've sent them a couple emails for a quote and no response so I'll either have to call them or try and find someone else.

Outlaw Offroad is closer to you, it's in the Irvine area. Hi Tech is way south of here... for you, that's a serious drive...

Outlaw Offroad is closer to you, it's in the Irvine area. Hi Tech is way south of here... for you, that's a serious drive...

oh that would be better. Do you know for sure if they have done 3rd gen body lifts?

Alright, I just ordered my front springs. Did the front only for now cuz they're costing more than I expected. 3" = $245 for the pair. Might be because of the added height and the added weight my V8 has. Got a call back saying it's going to take 4-6 weeks now because...ok I forgot why now. Somethin about it being a custom coil they need to make from scratch I think.

Oh well. I can't wait though. Hopefully they go on without any troubles.

Call first...

oh that would be better. Do you know for sure if they have done 3rd gen body lifts?

Alright, I just ordered my front springs. Did the front only for now cuz they're costing more than I expected. 3" = $245 for the pair. Might be because of the added height and the added weight my V8 has. Got a call back saying it's going to take 4-6 weeks now because...ok I forgot why now. Somethin about it being a custom coil they need to make from scratch I think.

Oh well. I can't wait though. Hopefully they go on without any troubles.

OO should be able to do the entire project, but I'd call first. If they can't, Stanley's in San Clemente can. But more than likely you have a lot of shops nearby than can do the install and body lift - Outlaw, I'd talk to them first.

My springs cost a bit too, I was a little surprised, but it has something to do with who knows what - I paid anyways! :p::cool:

Alright, I just ordered my front springs. Did the front only for now cuz they're costing more than I expected. 3" = $245 for the pair. Might be because of the added height and the added weight my V8 has.

Exactly what did you ask for when you ordered. I for one am going to perform this lift. It would help if the exact ordering information was published. It might make it easier for the company when taking orders.

Alright, I just ordered my front springs. Did the front only for now cuz they're costing more than I expected. 3" = $245 for the pair. Might be because of the added height and the added weight my V8 has.

Exactly what did you ask for when you ordered. I for one am going to perform this lift. It would help if the exact ordering information was published. It might make it easier for the company when taking orders.

It was pretty simple. I just mentioned that I was looking to get some lift springs for my Explorer. They then took over and asked some questions about my Explorer: year, 2 or 4dr, size engine, spring code # off the springs, front or rear or both, if I was adding extra weight to my explorer, and asked if I was just lifting to fit bigger tires. After answering the questions I was put on hold for a short couple minutes and then given a quote and then it was just up to me to say I'll order them right now.

I also called today to get some info on them. They said it would take 4-6 weeks due to being a custom spring. I still might do it since I just replaced the rear with new OEM and have anot so nice rake in the stance now. Just need to figure out if I want the 1.5" or 2" in the front. What size tire is eveyone running?

I also called today to get some info on them. They said it would take 4-6 weeks due to being a custom spring. I still might do it since I just replaced the rear with new OEM and have anot so nice rake in the stance now. Just need to figure out if I want the 1.5" or 2" in the front. What size tire is eveyone running?

I have 265/75/16 Terra Grapplers coming next week on 16x8 Pro Comp 8069's. I chose 3" in the front. Donner did 1.5" front n rear, bigapple did 2" front, and planting3seeds did 2 1/2" front. I thought I'd be different and give us another sample.

So when you called to get info, why did they tell you it would take 4-6 weeks? Did you ask for 3" in front too?

What size tire is eveyone running?

Just be careful not to get tires too wide, because in some of those pictures clearance looks awfully close.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I asked for the 2" spring and they said since it was a custom spring it would take 4-6 weeks before I got them.

DietRockstar Any chance I could get a pic of those when you get those on! Same tires I want to get.

Back