Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

I asked for the 2" spring and they said since it was a custom spring it would take 4-6 weeks before I got them.

DietRockstar Any chance I could get a pic of those when you get those on! Same tires I want to get.

I'll be showin 'em

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

265/70/r17

I also called today to get some info on them. They said it would take 4-6 weeks due to being a custom spring. I still might do it since I just replaced the rear with new OEM and have anot so nice rake in the stance now. Just need to figure out if I want the 1.5" or 2" in the front. What size tire is eveyone running?

I have 265/75/16 Terra Grapplers coming next week on 16x8 Pro Comp 8069's. I chose 3" in the front. Donner did 1.5" front n rear, bigapple did 2" front, and planting3seeds did 2 1/2" front. I thought I'd be different and give us another sample.

So when you called to get info, why did they tell you it would take 4-6 weeks? Did you ask for 3" in front too?

Just keep in mind the roads you'll be driving on... some are just unforgiving - lift or not, the roads can really make the drive tough. :)

Just keep in mind the roads you'll be driving on... some are just unforgiving - lift or not, the roads can really make the drive tough. :)

Can't be much worse than havin 22's and 40 series tires :D

A friend of mine just traded in her vehicle because of that, suv with 20+ rim and 1" tires... that's just incredible! The ride was smooth until you hit a pot hole... the tires were so thin... You have 22s coming?

A friend of mine just traded in her vehicle because of that, suv with 20+ rim and 1" tires... that's just incredible! The ride was smooth until you hit a pot hole... the tires were so thin... You have 22s coming?

No, they're 16's

oh and btw, she coulda just bought different tires and wheels...hehe

too expensive...

gas prices, etc... it was easier to sell/trade... the rims were worth almost as much as the vehicle. and the tires! forget it... i don't think suvs were meant to use those things... ah, well...

If you fellas that got the "bigapple spring special" don't mind me asking, who paid how much for what? i.e. $200 for 3" on a V8, etc.

No problem... about $450 total all around. 1.5"/1.5" 03 4x4 4.0 v6 - my springs were requested for clearance. I'm in CA.

No problem... about $450 total all around. 1.5"/1.5" 03 4x4 4.0 v6 - my springs were requested for clearance. I'm in CA.

Did that include installation?

OK, so heres what I got, and please correct me if I'm wrong;

bigapple 2" front V6? = 180 w/ shipping
Donner 1.5" front/back V6 = 450 w/shipping
planting3seeds 2.5" front V6? = 210 w/ shipping
DietRockstar 3" front V8 = 271 w/shipping

Anybody do anything different, as far as options like added weight or wanting a stiffer spring?

For those prices, Rancho can keep their "mystery" QL for 800 bucks.:D

DietRockstar 3" front V8 = 245 ?w/shipping?

Anybody do anything different, as far as options like added weight or wanting a stiffer spring?

Add another $20 for shipping on mine. I guess with the highest requested lift and the V8 up front made mine cost a bit more. If more people order these they may increase the price because of the increase in demand, I dunno.

Yeah, that's kinda why I was curious. I thought the same thing. Get 'em while they're cheap!

No...

Did that include installation?

Due to a major screw up on my part, we had to rebuild the wheel wells. I let another company hack at 'em... so I just had the install and rebuild done at the same time - all that was about an extra $300.00 total including the install - the damage was bad.

Perfect!

DietRockstar 3" front V8 = 245 ?w/shipping?

The ql is a coil over spring combo - we don't have it. The coilsprings.com require you to have existing struts... so the price is about the same - that is, if ql had anything to offer. But I like the idea of supporting small businesses... so this is a win win :D

"The ql is a coil over spring combo - we don't have it."

OK, this will probably sound dumb, but please explain. I thought the Quick Lift was just basically a longer shock in the strut assembly, maybe a stronger spring. I suppose it doesn't really matter, since you can't get 'em anyway.

But yes, I agree with the win - win. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

OK, this will probably sound dumb, but please explain. I thought the Quick Lift was just basically a longer shock in the strut assembly, maybe a stronger spring. I suppose it doesn't really matter, since you can't get 'em anyway.

I believe you're correct because I remember reading somewhere that they work with your oem coilsprings.

coil over strut...

The ql is a coil over spring combo - we don't have it. The coilsprings.com require you to have existing struts... so the price is about the same - that is, if ql had anything to offer. But I like the idea of supporting small businesses... so this is a win win :D

I believe you're correct because I remember reading somewhere that they work with your oem coilsprings.

I was in a hurry... the ql is basically the same concept as what we have here. Coil over spring?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't have much knowledge at all really about suspensions. I was wondering if any of you knew if there would be any complications to doing a 2" body lift on top of doing the 3" coilsprings with any other components. Any input would be helpful.

Actually I think I'll probably just order 1" springs for the back eventually and call it good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those who know say...

I don't have much knowledge at all really about suspensions. I was wondering if any of you knew if there would be any complications to doing a 2" body lift on top of doing the 3" coilsprings with any other components. Any input would be helpful.

Actually I think I'll probably just order 1" springs for the back eventually and call it good.

The 3" lift is more difficult on the vehicle... It's been advised to stay at 2.5 or lower. But a 1" coilspring, it might be there's a less expensive alternative. I'm still looking at body lifts, I was thinking about it for Dec, but changed plans. I don't need it that high up... but check out alternatives before you pay for springs. I have 4 of those poly bushings I just bought a bit back... I was told by the installers that they don't work together with the new springs... If you have an installer, check with them and see if they'll fit... I'll pm you the rest, but it's a temporary (6mos to 12 mos) lift.

Back