MoabOct07026.jpg

MoabOct07049.jpg

MoabOct07050.jpg

MoabOct07054.jpg

MoabOct07056.jpg

MoabOct07075.jpg

MoabOct07078.jpg

MoabOct07083.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With cost being a huge factor, I will probably settle for a coil setup, front and rear. Cage coils front and rear, using cage arms front and rear. I think that would be pretty sick. Comments, suggestions?

I AM convinced that I need more WB and width. I hope to achieve this without chopping up the body too much. One of my goals is to keep the thing looking like a BII, and keep it somewhat streetable. DB1 driving to Moab all the way from Cali is good motivation!

Am I gaining width with the EB D44 and 9" over my D28 and 7.5? I hope so. Also I plan to run 13.50 tires, and possibly wheel spacers.

I've heard nothing but good things from people who have the Cage arms, probably money well spent. As for using them in the rear, i'd probably go with a 4 or 3 link or just stay with leafs for simplicity...cheap and easy.

You will gain 2" overall i believe with the EB axles.
I had some rubbing issues with my 36x13.5 IROK's even with 3.75" backspacing but thats not to say you will. I'm going with a slightly narrower tire now...37x12.5, they will probably work out to be the same height as my IROK's but skinnier.

Sounds like a cool build up thus far:thumbsup:Can't wait to see it progress and wheel with ya again in Moab:cool:

Any updates on your rig? My own project is pretty close to yours except mine has D35 and 8.8 with 4.88's. I also have an EB D44/9" that I've rebuilt with 4.88's. I just picked up another straight BII with no engine or tranny, perfect fro these axles to sit in. I also went with Perry's 6" front and 3" rear fenders instead of the Bushwackers you chose.

Any updates on your rig? My own project is pretty close to yours except mine has D35 and 8.8 with 4.88's. I also have an EB D44/9" that I've rebuilt with 4.88's. I just picked up another straight BII with no engine or tranny, perfect fro these axles to sit in. I also went with Perry's 6" front and 3" rear fenders instead of the Bushwackers you chose.

Not much to update on....although I'm considering cashing out my 401k to get this finished!!! :rolleyes: HAHA!

I did pickup a set of new BFG Krawlers, 35x13.50x15. They are huge even compared to my 35" BFG Muds! Hopefully soon I'll get some new wheels for them since I'm switching to 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

Yeeeah.

SAS is underway!...:D

I should have some good updates next week sometime, along with pics. I hope it all comes together well.:eek:

This is what we have done to this point:
-EB Disc Dana 44 installed, TRO steering, Yukon 4340 Chromoly axles, Yukon Superjoints, Yukon 4.88, ARB, Cage heavy duty track bar.
-EB Big Bearing 9" installed, Yukon 31 Spline Forged axles, Yukon 4.88 R&P, ARB, Drums.
-Manual BW1354 installed, replaced stock BW1350 for more travel in front yoke.
-Wheelbase stretched 1.5 inches in front.
-Front suspension: Cage EB 3.5" high travel progressive rate coils, Cage Tubular Radius Arms, Duff zinc plated coil towers, Cage nitrogen shocks.
-Rear suspension: Skyjacker 6" Bronco II leafs, Cage nitrogen shocks, custom traction bars.
-Wheels and tires: 35x13.50x15 BFG Krawlers mounted on 15x10 Cragar Series 397 wheels.
-Custom brake lines and drivelines are being made right now. ARB compressor mounted and custom ARB dash switches underway.

OH MAN so jealous!

Moab pics are awesome all those Broncos

Woohoo!

OK, finally some pics for you guys!

I picked up the truck yesterday, didn't have much time to even look around too much. Just strapped her on the trailer and brought her home. It wasn't until this afternoon that I was finally able to snoop around and test out all the new parts. I have to say that I am stoked!:):):)

I measured the new wheelbase: 96" So we gained 2 inches mostly in the front. I'd say 1.5 in front, .5 in rear. Bonus for my Center of Gravity.
Not sure if you'd call this track width, but from the outer side of each tire measured about 73" in rear. Better for my COG.
On lift, it is hard to tell since I didn't measure before. I'd say it sits .5-1" lower now than it did before, another positive for my COG.

Dropped by the gas station and filled her up, then off to some empty lots in my neighborhood to play around. I wanted to test for rubbing, test the 4x4, test the new 4.88's, and try out the ARBs(finally, lockers!). Man, throw her in 1, Low Range, and the 4.88's really creep along. Even in 2x4 I can tell a huge difference from the new gearing (had 3.73s).

A few things need addressed, but overall I was very impressed. Still need to:
-Lengthen park brake cable
-Trim front bumper on each side
-Lockers weren't engaging. Not sure if the compressor was activating.
-Alignment
-Break in new R&P's.
-New T-case was wanting to slip from 2x4 to 4x4high.
-Modify exhaust exits.

Snapped a bunch of pics. Then cleaned her up and snapped a few more pics. Lots of pics....:D

BroncoSAS023.jpg

BroncoSAS020.jpg

BroncoSAS017.jpg

BroncoSAS015.jpg

BroncoSAS011.jpg

BroncoSAS010.jpg

BroncoSAS009.jpg

BroncoSAS008.jpg

BroncoSAS007.jpg

BroncoSAS024.jpg

BroncoSAS027.jpg

BroncoSAS028.jpg

BroncoSAS029.jpg

You can see that due to the flex and moving the front axle forward, I am rubbing on my front bumper. So, this needs to be addressed. I plan to cut out 3-4 inches, then weld the ends back on.
BroncoSAS030.jpg

BroncoSAS033.jpg

BroncoSAS035.jpg

BroncoSAS054.jpg

BroncoSAS055.jpg

This shot gives an idea of the width. You can see with the tires that I am quite a bit wider than a normal BII. This should help my COG.
BroncoSAS061.jpg

Rear drive shaft:
BroncoSAS059.jpg

Front drive shaft:
BroncoSAS058.jpg

Cage trac bar:
BroncoSAS052.jpg

Location of rear leafs. We used Skyjacker 6" BroncoII springs with shim. Rear shocks are mounted in stock Bronco II locations.
BroncoSAS049.jpg

The very end of my exhaust will need some crafty modification. Leafs rub on exhaust when flexed out.
BroncoSAS048.jpg

Cage rad arms are bad-ass.
BroncoSAS046.jpg

Cage shocks and 3.5" EB coils. Super soft.
BroncoSAS045.jpg

Cage rad arm mounts located, welded and bolted to frame. I should have got a picture of the passenger side, we had to trim the stock crossmember for rad arm clearance.
BroncoSAS044.jpg

Location of coil buckets and shock mounts. Opted now for a single shock, with the option to go dual shocks in the future. We'll see. I won these coil buckets at the Moab Bronco Safari. They are EB James Duff zinc plated buckets and were solid. Had to do some trimming of my ziptied plastic inner fenders, but it works.
BroncoSAS043.jpg

All shined up.
BroncoSAS056.jpg

That turned out awesome:thumbsup: Hows it drive on the street...any wandering or anything? Are your tires rubbing on the front bumper in that pic? A lil' sawzall action will solve that:D

You have any pics of your transfer case ends? Like the driveshafts bolting up to the transfer case? Danke daaanke...

That turned out awesome:thumbsup: Hows it drive on the street...any wandering or anything? Are your tires rubbing on the front bumper in that pic? A lil' sawzall action will solve that:D

Thanks! Suprisingly it is great on the street. WAY better than my old worn out TTB and TTB lift! It is very soft, so I get some body roll, and dive when I brake. Brakes pull to the right really hard too....not sure why that is. It has some play in the steering, but no wander to speak of.

Yeah, bumper was supposed to be chopped already....I'll have to get to that. I want to follow the body line of the bushwacker flares and that will give me 3-4 more inches clearance on each side.

You have any pics of your transfer case ends? Like the driveshafts bolting up to the transfer case? Danke daaanke...

I don't. Ill have to get some tomorrow and post them up.

very nice! who did the work?
and

GET THOSE LOCKERS WORKING
thats alot of $$$ to spend on lockers, install, plumbing, compressor, wiring, for them not to work!!

Looks awesome man...... jealous

I bet you are happier then a pig in SH*(

I was so excited after driving it yesterday that I couldn't sleep last night. This has been a long time coming....a lot of dreaming, planning, working, saving, I'm excited it is here and I can wait to get out and wheel it now.

A local 4x4 shop specializing in Early Broncos did the work, Sexton Offroad. We've had them do work for us in the past and they know their way around broncos.

For sure I'll be getting those lockers working real soon. And alignment, chop the bumper, and it sounds like an exhaust leak has popped up which is annoying.

One thing I have noticed driving it today to work....It is shifting in to Overdrive now around 38 MPH. Since the gear swap it seems to be shifting earlier into each gear. Is there something I can do about this to make it hold each gear longer? Swap the VSS gear? Or just a computer tune?

VSS gear

do the math

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah, came across this pic. This was right after I bought the BII a little over 4 years ago:
2202115_89_full.jpg

Here it was yesterday:
BroncoSAS015.jpg

Same shirt! Same haircut! Same BII! Totally different rig!

Back