My New Front Bumper | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New Front Bumper

thats an awesome bumper! i really like the bumpers that go around and protect the lights. i heav heard that its illegal to have a bumper welded to the frame, they have to bolt on to be legal. (???) not sure if its true or if cops even care. seems like millions of poeple of welded on bumpers though.

i may have to talk to your fab guy about building us a kick ass bumper too :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats an awesome bumper! i really like the bumpers that go around and protect the lights. i heav heard that its illegal to have a bumper welded to the frame, they have to bolt on to be legal. (???) not sure if its true or if cops even care. seems like millions of poeple of welded on bumpers though.

i may have to talk to your fab guy about building us a kick ass bumper too :cool:

Yeah ive heard that too, but ohh well. lots of things we do to our trucks are illegal lol. An SOA conversion isnt street legal, neither is having the wider tires without mudflaps lol. I actually had a CHP officer comments on how nice it was at AMPM today lol.

If you wanna hit up Brandon or have any questions for him just PM him he has posted a few times in this thread.

Im gonna try to get lights for these this week. Trying to figure out what to get. Its setup with 3 lights tabs with enough space to run up to a 7" light. i like the black kc daylighter but just cant get past that gay ass smiley face cover lol. Hella 4000's are only offered in euro beam in the 6" size. Id like to run a pencil beam in the middle and 2 euro's on the outside that would be a nice lighting setup.

haha i know what you mean about the smiley faces :p:

is he the one that posted more pics of your bumper?

dont plan contacting him soon. but eventually when its time to do something nice, like your bumper, ill shoot you a pm

Yeah thats him, he has the same screen name on dezertrangers too with alot more pics of his work posted up. He doesn some damn good fabwork, and if and when i LT anything he will be the one doing it.

Im thinking maybe the kc's with different covers lol...

Sean-nice bumper..looks somewhat familiar, but yeah i agree with most either paint it or clear it so it doesn't rust..too bad you couldn't have powder coated it before it was all welded up..my powdercoat has held up amazingly well on my bumper but thats besides the point..for lights i personally like the pro comp 6" 130 watt..they've worked well for me and are decently priced...good luck!

thanks Ryan, it was actually based somewhat on that ranger edge's front bumper that brandon has in his driveway lol. A few minor tweaks and changes to not directly copy someone elses design. Ill check out the procomp's but i just found an ad for 4 hella 500's for 50$ on DR so i might just grab those.

Took a few hours and prepped and painted the bumper. Krylon semi flat black, looks pretty good. Gave it about 3 coats before i started to run out of light.

Attachments

• expobumper10.jpg
    expobumper10.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 270
  • expobumper11.jpg
    expobumper11.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 280
  • expobumper12.jpg
    expobumper12.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 275
  • expobumper13.jpg
    expobumper13.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 274

Looks good in flat black. Matches the grill and all the black below the body.

lookin gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! can't wait to see the skid plate and some lights go on :thumbsup:

It will be a little bit for the skid plate. Brandon is gonna have his logo laser cut in the skid. Im still kinda unsure which lights in gonna go with. I can only go as big as 7" per light so the hella 4000's i wanted are out. Kragen sells 7" hid offroad lights for 120$ ea so im gonna go see if my local ones have any in stock.

Everything looks good in flat black my friend. :D

Lol yeah but its not your favorite Ultra flat black lol. Well ive pretty much decided to keep it at this point. Gonna start saving the money for Brandons LT front end. It pulls 16.5" metal to metal and has been put through alot of abuse by others who own it. To keep the costs down ill go with FOA coilovers. The explorer has been to reliable and good to me over the past few years for me to ship it off and start over.

It'll be ULTRA flat black after its been baked in the sun :D. Even glossy paint eventually turns flat :(

It'll be ULTRA flat black after its been baked in the sun :D. Even glossy paint eventually turns flat :(

Very true, but in the next few months it and the explorer will be undergoing some color changes.

Very nice some thing like that on the ranger would be awsome as long as i could find a place to mount the winch when the time comes. I'm still a while out on new bumpers and concidering different designs.:thumbsup:

Bumper looks good:thumbsup: I just saw you going across airport way in front of my office:p:

I work right off Airport and Double Day. Thanks for the compliment.

Bwaaaaa, I work across the street:D You know the building with the big bird infront:D

ShiekhLogo.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back