Lowering a 95-01 ( torsion bar front) explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering a 95-01 ( torsion bar front) explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a 4 wheel drive torsion bar explorer im trying to bag but was wondering if there was any website the would be able to tell me if i could and how hard it would be to switch to a coil spring ranger front end for the 4 in. drop arms and spindles

i have a 99 ex, and my freind lowerd it before i got from him he took the bolts out of the front and put 2 inch lowering blocks on the back but i notice my front is pretty much riding the frame what can i do about this , is there a better way to go low this my first truck and american ride.

I have a 01 explore. Wanting to lower it. I turned the torsion bolt 8 full turns and it only lowered it 2 inches. I'm lost on what I'm doing wrong. Y it only dropped 2 inches.

i've got mine lowered 2'' all the way around but am contemplating going lower,, did the tt and 2'' blocks in the rear..

Yes I could not get my lower than two in the front the bolts are all the way out I don't know if I have to get a new key for the torsion bars?

All I want is to lower Front only about 1 inch - searching but I've yet to find clear directions...

Anyone running KYB MonoMax on their lowered Expy's yet? I got them for a steal and it was time. They claim 40% more damping performance than their OE spec shocks. This is 15% stiffer than their second stiffest shocks (Gas-A-Just at 25% more damping performance). I am lowered 4 inches and the ride was firm with Monroe Sensa-Tracs and all poly bushings, but I hope it's even tighter now. Any input would be great!
KYB MonoMax.jpg
Lowered Expy.jpeg

Anyone running KYB MonoMax on their lowered Expy's yet? I got them for a steal and it was time. They claim 40% more damping performance than their OE spec shocks. This is 15% stiffer than their second stiffest shocks (Gas-A-Just at 25% more damping performance). I am lowered 4 inches and the ride was firm with Monroe Sensa-Tracs and all poly bushings, but I hope it's even tighter now. Any input would be great!
View attachment 422950View attachment 422951
Are you 2wd? How’d you get 4”? What wheels are those?

View attachment 422950View attachment 422951
Looks fresh man, that’s what I’m tryna do myself, a nice 3 inch drop for myself. What size are your rims? How’s the ride as well? But big props on this one man

Back