How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

mustangwarrior

Reaction score
City, State
Fowler Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 xlt
my 1995 xlt just turned 200,000 miles the other day:)

How many on your explorers?

...just wonderin how much longer push mine

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just rolled over 140k and still truckin:D

212,x.. and going strong.

I don't think mileage means as much as how well taken care of a vehicle is. Just my opinion.

My '92 has 236K and still going. My parents '96 has 210K and running strong.

Just turned over 90k still running great.....with the exception of a "gas mileage" issue

127,x.. . The transmission died around 65,000 miles and I just had major engine work done not 2000 miles ago. I bought it used and I suspect the original owners did some heavy towing as it was wired with a 6 pin trailer connecter. No auxiliary transmission cooler, filter, gauge. Hopefully I'll keep the new one going for a long time.

240k on it only rebuilt transfer case due to leak and repaird trans broke its first band at 210k. other then that still runs great. previous owner never changed suspension even has orig upper ball joint thats now creaking and coming out this weekend.

i take good care of mine its at 200,220....the previous owner had the engine rebuilt at around 160,000 and the front end is pretty much brand new .... new cv joints, axles, tie rods, etc.

my cousin put 310,000 on his 4.0L ranger but bodies last longer in florida, the ohio salt was hard on my ex this past winter

my cousin put 310,000 on his 4.0L ranger but bodies last longer in florida, the ohio salt was hard on my ex this past winter

Salt on the roads is bad, but in Florida you have salt year around. either from the gulf or the Atlantic.

Brevard county Florida where I used to live was considered the rust capital.

105k on the body, 80k on the motor, and yes. my new motor has a rod knock. time for a 5.0 swap

My 01 sport it at 125,x.. and she just got lifted this past weekend so shes just now starting to grow up!:D

160,x.. miles on my '92 although the trans has been rebuilt. I don't know what the previous owner had to do but so far I have only had to replace the alternator which I did today.

My 01 sport has 77,725 miles on it

96' 4.0 ohv w/ 189,x.....had to have the tranny rebuilt 5,000 miles ago...god i hate that weak p.o.s. excuse for a tranny :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back