Pismo Beach '08 Part 1 | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

hey guys im RJs friend!
even though there wasnt many on the trip we had a pretty good time, nice to meet you tim
-justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Justin, long time no see...:D

...anxiously awaiting pics...:popcorn:

hey man! ya its been awhile! i just picked up a 4runner sas on 35's yesterday!
rj and lifegaurd got some pics i didnt bring my camera! =p

...Cool, R.J. mentioned you had been looking for one...:shifty_ey ...Just don't let froader see it, he might want it for himself...:D...I can't wait to see it and Congrats..:thumbsup:

hay Justin thanks for letting me ride with you. i really didn't think anything would break in the sand. o well lol.

sorry i didn't get any pics of your new ride. i think R.J. has them.

i have to say mine did OK till the hub blew.i got stuck again after you guys left lol.:rolleyes:but be for that it did OK.

and on with some pics!:D
100_2812.jpg

100_2818.jpg

100_2815.jpg

100_2820.jpg

100_2827-1.jpg

100_2819.jpg

...It looks like the weather was great...Did you both get stuck at camp??? The next to last pic looks like R.J. is stuck by the tents...:scratch:

...More like withdrawls...:confused:

...I wish I was there...:(

its cool man!
i finally got my 4runner froader lol let me know when you wanna hit up big bear

...lol, I forgot you were sinking too...:D

...Nice rear flex on the ranger though...:thumbsup:

haha! yes but i will let him tell you his story.lol i got stuck tryin to help pull him out.

but that was alot of the weekend. the pic your talkin about was this morning befor we left, and befor the wind picked back up.

...Aw, c'mon...Spill the beans...:D

hey guys...
im lifeguards girl lol

pismo was awsome except for the wind

...Welcome here Dollxface, and I'm glad you guys and gals enjoyed yourselves...:D

hey guys, haven't been on the site since the trip. i took a few picks and they're loaded onto the computer at jim's house, but his internet's not working :rolleyes:

can't wait for part duex, it's gonna be great and this trip just made me look forward to it even more.

the trip was bi-polar, horrible and then great! started off with me and justin sleeping in a bit, and then driving up to the beautiful beach of pismo. we found lifguard (tim and his girl sarah) and got stuck a few feet away from camp :rolleyes: oncew we got out of the car we noticed the wind was about 100MPH and it was cold and we didn't bring any jackets. oh well we set up our tent and through everything in it and headed out for a run. had fun for a good 20 minutes. saw some friends we new on dezertrangers and then noticed a clunking sound. found that a u-joint lost a cap so it was 2wd for the resto of the trip. maybe ten minutes later we got stuck up on a hill that tim couldn't get up, so we "tried" putting it in 4x4 to get unstuck and ended up breaking the axle and a hub :( tim had to charge the hill hard and came rescued us :thumbsup: winds were ridiculous and sand was out of control! i think the wind was at least as band if not worse than the truck haven redemption run :eek: after we replaced the hub, me and justin went and met up with some of the dezertranger guys we knew and had some 2wd fun. that part of the trip was alot of fun cause we didn't get stuck too much and there was a really built 4wd tundra to pull us out if we got stuck. so we did a lot of bowls, burms, drifting etc. but eventualy i broke my rear shock mounts again :eek: bummer bummer. me and justin decided to head home that night because the car was pretty broke and the guy justin was trying to get ahold of that was selling a 4runner never answered his phone. us and lifeguard went into town to escape the wind and somehow me and justin east a whole x-large pizza. when we came back to camp it was like a completely different atmosphere. the wind was gone, it wasn't to cold, it was calm and peaceful and justin got ahold of the 4runner guy. so we decided to stay the night and justin bought his 86 sas 4runner and the trip actually turned out pretty good :thumbsup:

so i really think the trip turned out fun, i really liked it at the end. although me and tim must have gotten stuck a million times, in camp! (not to mention justin never got stuck and he had full tire pressure) the begining bummed me a bit, but camping out at the beach was fun. Tim and Sarah were real nice and made the trip turn out nice.

Tim, thanks for bein cool, bringing firewood and lettin me cook up some pasta! good luck with the little guy on the way.

hey guys im RJs friend!
even though there wasnt many on the trip we had a pretty good time, nice to meet you tim
-justin

whoa no way! your an explorerforum member? but you hate ford :p:

justin hates ford, justin hates ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back