Will this mirror fit an 02? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will this mirror fit an 02?

trucku

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York and living in Budd Lake, NJ now.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS 4.0 4x4
Will this mirror fit an 02? YES IT WILL (Gen 4 Mirror)

both of my side mirrors need to replaced.
Will this fit my 02 4door xls? They look pretty nice. I would rather put these in.

MR714L.jpg

FROM EBAY
2006-2007 Ford Explorer XLT Power Non Heated w/Puddle Lamp Driver Side Mirror Assembly
Description:

This is a brand new complete mirror assembly. This is a brand new complete item. It comes ready to install and requires no modifications. It is manufactured to meet or exceed all OEM specifications.

Direct Automotive Products provides a level of customer service not often seen today. Our service includes toll free phone support, toll free fax support and 365 day email support with a prompt reply time. Having been in business for over 10 years you can be assured that when you need us, we will be here to serve you.
Warranty:

Lifetime
More Information:
Make
Ford
Model
Explorer
Year
2006 2007

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fit an 02?

It should bolt right on. The front and rear doors on an 06-08 are the same as the 02-05.
Bill W

Hmm... It's dark out, but...

03 mirror... Has anyone tried switching out?

Dang, seems like there is several people trying to make their older Ex's look like the 06-08's. Well i can see why, my Explorer is Gorgeous. I Absolutly love the way it looks.:D

ha! i'm good with 03... :) i'm just not sure that mirror is curved enough toward the bottom.

I figured since both mirrors are broken (hinge) I would upgrade. I want puddle lights and defrost also. I like the square styled housing.

Check it out... but if it doesn't fit, can you return it?

Check it out... but if it doesn't fit, can you return it?

Good question. Hmm don't wanna shoot myself in the foot and get stuck with 2 mirrors that don't fit.

I don't need to have the square ones. My model style with puddle lights and defrost will be great also. My Plain Jane needs some features.

Donner after looking at the picture you have the shape of the mirror where it mounts to the door looks almost identical. With out actually parking next to one i can't be sure.

I have to stop at Ford in the morning... I can check it out. I'd like mine to look like that too :) 4th gen, nice!

I have to stop at Ford in the morning... I can check it out. I'd like mine to look like that too :) 4th gen, nice!

Awesome thanks....:salute:

If it fits then I am ordering them.

Can't wait....:biggthump

This one is tricky...

You know i will just have to go and agree with you Donner on that one. :p:

Good question. Hmm don't wanna shoot myself in the foot and get stuck with 2 mirrors that don't fit.

I don't need to have the square ones. My model style with puddle lights and defrost will be great also. My Plain Jane needs some features.

I think Ford got the idea of the square mirror from an Ex on this site - can't remember whose, but Aviator mirrors. :)

Saw Aviator mirror on ebay and it was $189....yikes..
I will stick with 4th gen.

I have never liked the cut off corner of our mirrors, looks to fenemin. I really like the look of the square ones! Much better looking on a truck!

I might just pick up a pair of theses to slap on my '02. Has Anyone tried to see if they will fit a 3gen yet?

Thanks.

I might just pick up a pair of theses to slap on my '02. Has Anyone tried to see if they will fit a 3gen yet?

Thanks.

Donner is going to check tomorrow.

Wow that's a nice looking truck. Those mirrors do look really good on the 3rd gen.

Ford says it should fit... however, we ordered a set just to test them out. The question is the pigtail that comes from the 3rd gen mirror - it seems that with a few minor mods (maybe not) the 4th gen will fit the 3rd gen. They should be here tomoro morning.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The aviator mirrors are expensive! running over $100 per mirror. Looks like I could pick up some 4gen mirrors for about $50 each, according to ebay.

Back