show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 63 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why did you go with the TrXus-STS as opposed to maybe the TrXus-MT?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Why did you go with the TrXus-STS as opposed to maybe the TrXus-MT?

it's 99% street driven.
with our long winters, I wanted something with a decent amount of siping.
the unique look.
and 1 guy up here has a set on his F350 and said they do great in the winters, on the ice and snow.

Ah gotcha gotcha -- they do look like they'd do pretty good in the snow.

I sure hope so.
if I can ever actually figure out what's wrong with the rims/tires so I can actually leave 'em on without destroying hub assy's.
I swear to God 2-3 rims are out-of-round.
shop I've been dealing with balanced 'em 3 times. I told 'em of the issues I was having and they said "they balanced great"

I need to find another shop up here that can replace ProComp rims under warranty, which is difficult...

Lookin' good, Gavin. :cool:

I sure hope so.
if I can ever actually figure out what's wrong with the rims/tires so I can actually leave 'em on without destroying hub assy's.
I swear to God 2-3 rims are out-of-round.
shop I've been dealing with balanced 'em 3 times. I told 'em of the issues I was having and they said "they balanced great"

I need to find another shop up here that can replace ProComp rims under warranty, which is difficult...

driveline vibrations can come from worn/blown CV shafts and worn out u-joints..... make sure those aren't the culprits.

driveline vibrations can come from worn/blown CV shafts and worn out u-joints..... make sure those aren't the culprits.

I can watch the tires wobble when I'm driving. I can watch the rear driver's side with my side-view mirror.
And the wobble has been there with 2 sets of tires, 2 sets of axle shafts, and a 2nd axle housing.

so I'm pretty sure it's not my truck :confused:

I can watch the tires wobble when I'm driving. I can watch the rear driver's side with my side-view mirror.
And the wobble has been there with 2 sets of tires, 2 sets of axle shafts, and a 2nd axle housing.

so I'm pretty sure it's not my truck :confused:

Have you checked the wheels?

Have you checked the wheels?

oh I know it's the rims.
the shop I was working with dicked me around.
even though I didn't by the rims from them, they first told me (on 2 occassions) that they would be able to warranty out the rims.

then, last weekend, they said they couldn't.

this was after I paid them to balance the tires twice, telling them I'm pretty sure a rim(s) out of round the last 2 times, but they did nothing but balance and didn't even check for lateral or radial run-out.

Well nobody has posted in this thread for about a month so I though I would through in a Few pictures of my truck-the first two being most recent. Let me know what you think!
3092794_194_full.jpg
3092794_195_full.jpg
3092794_151_full.jpg
3092794_153_full.jpg

i've always liked the gray silver color.. what do you have done?

Premier, I have yet to break a CV joint(knock on wood) the trucks proformed pretty well off-road so far, my torsion bars are starting to...well i guess lose their torsion but no breaks yet....

i've always liked the gray silver color.. what do you have done?
Not too much, just warrior shackles, torsion twist 31" MS351's K&N, Magnaflow, KYB mono max shocks, hella 500's, hurculined bumpers/plastics...I baby it as it is my daily driver.

Truck Look's great i have a white one also and iv been looking for ideal and things to do to it great job!-n.carr

I need to finally join this.. Lol.. I just need pictures.. and more lift.. =P

Currently.. I'm at 31's, TT & Shackles.

havent posted on this site for a while but im back again got sum updates of the explorer. other pictures are on like page 51 i think but here new pics with 37x14.50x15 and around 9.5-10' up front and 9-9.5 in the rear.

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

bigger pics.. thats what i think haha

bigger pics.. thats what i think haha
Here you go! sorry if i mess someting up..im not good at uploading pics on this site for some reason.
3092794_236_full.jpg

3092794_222_full.jpg

3092794_234_full.jpg

3092794_211_full.jpg

3092794_230_full.jpg

let me know what you think!

I have to ask-just from experience.

Can I see a side shot please?
ANother with the wheels turned?
How can you turn corners?
Did you trim the fender?

I'm confused, because when my son's 4" suspension lift went on with 33's, we STILL had to trim a bit.

Back