Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

Ill start the show with my pic-

trucks_010_Medium_.jpg

trucks_013_Medium_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Moving day, for some reason I didn't get a pic of the trailer hooked up but there's a 600#welding maching burried in there somewhere
HPIM5107.jpg

And of course I had to load all the "essentials" in the back
HPIM5107a.jpg

found it!

rigpic07.jpg

This was in 07, lake house in Nebraska!

I tow lots of trailers with my ex, but this is why I have a V8 4 door, the 01 Bayliner 19' :)

Sweet boat!

Pretty light weight... But it pulls the Four Wheeler. The F-150 does the heavier pulling..

Attachments

• 12-8-08 002a.jpg
    12-8-08 002a.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 3,003

Yes, the stuff on the hitch is worth considerably more than the truck:
truckskis.jpg

And yes my girl and I are probably crazy (well I KNOW she is crazy):
skitemp.jpg

That's air temp, water was a bit colder. Oh yeah this was yesterday.

Ex_and_Pro_002.jpg

My X and my mistress

not a very heavy load, or even a great picture, but still a trailer :)
boat.jpg

Towing my Cobra from Charleston to DC for a Terminator Shootout. Over 25hrs roundtrip and it did just fine!

259263.jpg

Towing my Cobra from Charleston to DC for a Terminator Shootout. Over 25hrs roundtrip and it did just fine!

I'm guessing you have a V8? That Mustang is crazy, my little brother had an 03' Mach 1, he had to sell it because he was getting into way to much trouble.

I just towed his new Honda Accord on a 16' landscape trailer 300 miles. It did great. I'll post pics later.

259263.jpg

nice! what % is the tint on the windshield ?

I'm guessing you have a V8? That Mustang is crazy, my little brother had an 03' Mach 1, he had to sell it because he was getting into way to much trouble.

I just towed his new Honda Accord on a 16' landscape trailer 300 miles. It did great. I'll post pics later.

Yeah it has the 4.6 in it, and the Slowbra is a ton of fun! :thumbsup:

nice! what % is the tint on the windshield ?

35% on the windshield and 20% on front windows.

yeah mid 10's Slowbra! I love it! LOL

to blown03

nice stang. i have a 95 stang with mods and was looking to tow with my 01 mounty v8. did you use a weight dist hitch or just one that comes on truck. the track is one hour from me. does trailer have brakes on one axle or both. just looking to see what im getting in to. was looking at aluminum trail for weight but cost double than steel. thanks for any info

Brian

Lock up converter/overdrive

Well, after seeing all these pics, my 2000 ex with the 5.0 should have no problem towing my 2,650 lb. mustang on an open center 18ft. trailer. The only thing I'm not sure of is if i need to have the lock up converter/overdrive disabled on the highway. I'll post pics soon.

nice stang. i have a 95 stang with mods and was looking to tow with my 01 mounty v8. did you use a weight dist hitch or just one that comes on truck. the track is one hour from me. does trailer have brakes on one axle or both. just looking to see what im getting in to. was looking at aluminum trail for weight but cost double than steel. thanks for any info

Brian

I just used the hitch that's on the truck, the trailer had brakes on both axles.

My little trailer for the 4 wheeler I almost forget its back there till I look in the rear view and see the 4 wheeler staring at me.
These are crappy phone pics since I can't find my camera.
th_explorertowing.jpg

th_explorertowing2.jpg

Back