Who lives in Illinois? | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who lives in Illinois?

I live South of Chicago just outside Kankakee, maybe once I get mine off-road worthy I will join you all in some fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peoria here!

Was this question ever answered?

I'm just curious about who lives in Illinois. I live in Bartlett, IL which is near Elgin. I know someone here lives in Wheaton and in St. Charles. I was just curious where you guys buy your parts, go 4x4, etc.. thanks!

It seems I am a bit late for this post, but I will throw in my two cents. I am currently living in Beach Park, IL. which is just North of Waukegan. The question that started this whole post was about local 4x4 shops.
McHenry County 4-Wheel Drive Center
2902 W Il Route 120
Mchenry, IL 60051
(815) 385-0650‎

They use to be on the expensive side but still and good place to deal with.
So I have tried to cover most of this post so I know every one is sharing there home cities but is there any gatherings coming up that I might be able to join in.
Have a great Explorer day.:burnout:

It seems I am a bit late for this post, but I will throw in my two cents. I am currently living in Beach Park, IL. which is just North of Waukegan. The question that started this whole post was about local 4x4 shops.
McHenry County 4-Wheel Drive Center
2902 W Il Route 120
Mchenry, IL 60051
(815) 385-0650‎

They use to be on the expensive side but still and good place to deal with.
So I have tried to cover most of this post so I know every one is sharing there home cities but is there any gatherings coming up that I might be able to join in.
Have a great Explorer day.:burnout:

Welcome to the site, Meet and Greets don't seem to go well in IL, everyone is spread out and few show up.

chicago HERE!!!!:D:thumbsup:

chi-town burbs here.... gljt.org newbie run on may 2nd...... badlands..... i'll be there.

:usa:

how many people are going to the badlands bc i live about 1.5 hours from there. and i might be able to go that weekend. i've only got the tt/shackle plus a 3" BL with 31's but i'll still give it a try.

i use to drive my friend's jeep at the badlands so i have some experience there.

are you going for the whole weekend or just one day bc there's a camp site connected to the park that is super cheap

chi-town burbs here.... gljt.org newbie run on may 2nd...... badlands..... i'll be there.

Pics? Jumped on over to gljt.org and i didn't see any :(

yeah, i ended up not going. too muddy, plus finals week, and some other things. it just wasnt worth it. if it was this weekend i would have been for it muddy or not.

Just saying hi. I'm here in chicago with a 2000 2wd 4.0 sport with 2" lift shackles (to make up for the sagging leaf springs)

Hello all! Bureau County here, exit 56 on I80. Rolled my pristine 1999 XLT Friday night. Going to fast on a gravel back road, hit a soft spot, did a 180 and rolled on her passenger side and flipped back up on the tires. What a ride! Gotta love them seat belts! Messed up her side pretty good, but everything seems OK otherwise. John

well, there are some ole threads... this one is probably one of the oldest - wondering who from the "old guard" is still on this forum even though they have moved on? I should probably start a thread and name it: Where are the now?

:D

looks like illinois took over this thread!!!!:D

Splash,

Hey WoW long time for sure. I still have my Green Sport with the 2" body lift on it from your Gold Ex. How have you been?

And I still have my green Un-Limited.... with 6" of lift - drive it every day to work... on the other side of the globe!

It would be nice if we could meet one day - again - old crew with all the newbies!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still here. I've finally seen the light and got myself a Wrangler. Greatest wheeling purchase ever! However, I do have a PSD tow rig. I also wheeled Moab in May with Kampy. It was just like old times, with Jeeps and it was darn fun! :D

Back