• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone used MOTORKOTE?

Four Time Fan

Reaction score
City, State
New Whiteland, IN.
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer
Has anyone tried this in there transmission or diffs? I was wondering if it would be o.k. with the ford transmissioin fluild? Thanks for any input you could give. I just would like for my transmission to last longer without haveing to repair it thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've only used Motorkote in diesel applications. I have heard of it being used in gas engines with success. From what I have seen it's pretty similar to Lucas Oil adative. As for your tranny yes you can use it safely from what I have seen on a couple car shows. Although it won't help you if your tranny fluid is old or burnt. Best to use the guides on this site to flush it then add with fresh fluid. As for your differentials, I'd stick with Lucas Oil diff lube just because it is less expensive and provides the same thing. But if you are bent on using it, I don't see it being a problem.

Motorkote

Motorkote is not like Lucas. lucas blends with the fluids and motorkote only uses the fluid as a carrier. Motorkote bonds with the metals.

I may get scalded for this due to its popularity, but I am a FIRM believer that Lucas' products (and everything on the market like them) are junk. Snake oil with a premium price. Let's mix 200W oil with 5W30...great idea. I've NEVER seen any scientific evidence that supports their claims. Actually, in tests, the outcomes support the very opposite. Go to bobistheoilguy.com and search lucas...then drain the crap as fast as you can.

Motorkote is not like Lucas. lucas blends with the fluids and motorkote only uses the fluid as a carrier. Motorkote bonds with the metals.

I'd LOVE to see the chemistry to back up this claim... I find it a little hard to believe that anything bonds well enough with the moving steel surfaces in a motor to provide any meaningful changes to the steel's properties. Based on my limited knowledge of metallurgy, on a microscopic level, I find it hard to believe. It would take temps of well over 1000 deegrees before the steel starts to change its grain structure and, therefore, its properties.

Has anyone tried this in there transmission or diffs? I was wondering if it would be o.k. with the ford transmissioin fluild? Thanks for any input you could give. I just would like for my transmission to last longer without haveing to repair it thanks.
YES-YES-YES
Before I dumped this into my bike 2007 HD FXSTSSE I researched this product for several days/weeks and built a 3 ring binder on it.
I gave the binder away to a MC Club to help them with the many problems these bikes develop over the yrs & mileage.

As I recall Lynaxis who is owned by BAYER THE German chemical & pharmaceutical co, developed & distributes products that prevent
wear for the long term. Such as automobile manufactures to prevent breakdowns that cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ per hr of down time.
This link was thru BoB is the Oil Guy the started my investigation.

When was the last time a NASCAR engine blew up ? Extremely rare today, gee, I wonder why ?

Tractor trailer testimonials are unbelievable that can be found on MOTORKOTE site reason why was invented. Originally to save drivers
fuel costs and net them $100 in their pocket after one application per 3-4 oil changes.

Amazon.com testimonials are all outstanding when you take the Crap responses out. Take the highs & lows out like the Olympics and
evaluate the overall responses.

First application was my lawn mower:
MTD Honda 6.5 4 cycle was impossible to pull start at the controls (compression). Starts easily now at the controls
1996 Toyota Avalon idle went up 150 rpm's & made the steering even easier than it was, and I was not having a problem.
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 33k at the time had a shift bump, It took it out so well I couldn't feel it shift anymore, silky as they say.
2007 HD FXSTSSE 70,800+ on the clock had a valve burn due to bad gas at an old station, warranty covered it $2400 @
30k. Other than that the engine is still a virgin and I have not been nice for several years since that happened. This bike
still looks new, most assume 25-30k. 10th set of tires.

I USE 93 OCTANE IN EVERYTHING INTERNAL COMBUSTION. (If you don't that's your call)
Everyone's an expert who pumps gas.
A few like myself have been in the transportation industry for decades, but I have been doing this since my first mini bike
over 60 yrs ago.

I'll shut up now.......J

Back