BT93's sloped BL thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BT93's sloped BL thread

I must say the you have a pretty nice setup, I'm looking to do something similar. I was wondering if you had a part number for the Fabtech leafs, I cant seem to find them on there website or 3rd party retailers. I know you got them from ebay. No luck there thus far. Any help would be appreciated. Again nice truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I must say the you have a pretty nice setup, I'm looking to do something similar. I was wondering if you had a part number for the Fabtech leafs.

I second that. This thread has forced me to re-evaluate my own plans.

bt93, you are using factory shackles with those Fabtechs?

It sits perfect IMO, no settling!

I must say the you have a pretty nice setup, I'm looking to do something similar. I was wondering if you had a part number for the Fabtech leafs, I cant seem to find them on there website or 3rd party retailers. I know you got them from ebay. No luck there thus far. Any help would be appreciated. Again nice truck.

The springs came direct from Fabtech. They're for a gen 1 2wd. Probably be hard to find. When i spoke with they're e-bay sales guy he said they had a lot of them left from years ago. Sorry no part number bud.

I second that. This thread has forced me to re-evaluate my own plans.

bt93, you are using factory shackles with those Fabtechs?

It sits perfect IMO, no settling!

Yes sir OEM shackles. Thanks for the compliments guys!! It means alot to me.

The springs came direct from Fabtech. They're for a gen 1 2wd. Probably be hard to find. When i spoke with they're e-bay sales guy he said they had a lot of them left from years ago. Sorry no part number bud.

Damn. Do you still have his email perhaps? How much did you spend on the pair? Sorry if this information has already been covered.

Excellent, thank you!

speaking of over axle and under axle. . .

on the first page of this thread over axle springs and under axle springs on a 2nd gen were mentioned. so here is my question. . . to lower mini trucks with an under axle leaf set up you get a flip kit and place the axle on top making it an over axle set up and lowering the vehicle. . . so can we flip from over to under with lifting results?? would be very nice if possible especially for the number one ass sagging vehicle in the world!! lol

on the first page of this thread over axle springs and under axle springs on a 2nd gen were mentioned. so here is my question. . . to lower mini trucks with an under axle leaf set up you get a flip kit and place the axle on top making it an over axle set up and lowering the vehicle. . . so can we flip from over to under with lifting results?? would be very nice if possible especially for the number one ass sagging vehicle in the world!! lol

Question #1 No. This would in turn raise the vehicle. You can lower the vehicle by placing blocks between the leaf and axle on a spring-under vehicle.

Question #2 No. you are already spring-under OEM. You can raise 5-6" by placing your rear springs on top of your axle. This seems to be wwaaayyy too much lift to compensate for sagging rear springs.

Had to bring this thread back for a couple questions...

How did you acquire a sloped kit? Did you have to cut the blocks yourself? If so how did you do it?

How did you acquire a sloped kit? Did you have to cut the blocks yourself? If so how did you do it?
Read:
This thread has information on figuring out how tall the body lift blocks need to be...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127121&highlight=sloped+body+lift
I've had many pm's about the cut lengths for the pucks so here they are front to rear 3" 2.5" 1.25" .75". The lift has proven very safe & effective after a full duck season of gravel & mud beating plus 14,000 miles I'm very pleased with the results.

Thanks for clearing that up, I guess I missed that part.

If anyone is interested, I emailed the guy who manages their ebay store. They still have the gen 1 leaf packs. He should be getting back to me in the next couple days with a price on them.

Just to follow up...

We are in Chino and I would recommend picking them up since UPS charges to ship leaf springs are very high. I can sell you the 2 springs for $205.
Thanks,
Greg
eBay ID: fabrides

Alright so I've pretty much memorized this thread and I'm set on doing this over the course of the next year. The leaf packs are within driving distance for picking up and the body lift will not be difficult to afford. I'd do it a lot sooner but money flow goes towards the snow season starting at the end of August. Therefore, I probably won't finish until next summer. Sometime between now and then, I promise I'll finally pay for the knowledge I've gained here and go Elite :D.

I'm taking an auto class in the fall and a welding class (not that I should need it for this project) at the community college. I apologize in advance to tb93 for hijacking the future of this thread.

I have one question for right now. I'm sure countless more will follow with the course of this project. I understand that I'll need the PA body lift, but what would be the best way to get the blocks down to size? For some reason I am apprehensive about measuring them and just cutting them with a bench saw.

Alright so I've pretty much memorized this thread and I'm set on doing this over the course of the next year. The leaf packs are within driving distance for picking up and the body lift will not be difficult to afford. I'd do it a lot sooner but money flow goes towards the snow season starting at the end of August. Therefore, I probably won't finish until next summer. Sometime between now and then, I promise I'll finally pay for the knowledge I've gained here and go Elite :D.

I'm taking an auto class in the fall and a welding class (not that I should need it for this project) at the community college. I apologize in advance to tb93 for hijacking the future of this thread.

I have one question for right now. I'm sure countless more will follow with the course of this project. I understand that I'll need the PA body lift, but what would be the best way to get the blocks down to size? For some reason I am apprehensive about measuring them and just cutting them with a bench saw.

I measured 3 times and cut once with a chop saw. I'd rather used a band saw but I didn't have access. This really isn't a big job at all. don't stress over this project just do it.

I measured 3 times and cut once with a chop saw. I'd rather used a band saw but I didn't have access. This really isn't a big job at all. don't stress over this project just do it.

Fersure, I'm psyched. It's just a matter of how quickly I can pay for a ton of other stuff (i.e, tuition for fall $293, vehicle registration in August w/ the possibility of also needing a new cat for the smog check $75-$300, season pass at the local mountain $300, new board $300, etc.) Hopefully I land this job with Anaheim PD and start making better money.

A few more questions I thought of since last night...

What size shock did you have to switch to in the rear?

What, if any at all, unique tools did you need for the job? I remember you saying you had a vast supply of them which helped immensely.

In anyone's opinion, should I switch back to factory shackles before installing the new leafs? I also recall you saying that's what you're running, and I'm a little apprehensive about shortening the life of the new leafs by keeping the warrior shackles. Not to mention, the rear would be significantly higher - UGLY. lol.

Bump. I'm heading to the JY in Stanton (not exactly down the street) in a few minutes so if anyone has an opinion on the last question I would greaty appreciate it.

Bump. I'm heading to the JY in Stanton (not exactly down the street) in a few minutes so if anyone has an opinion on the last question I would greaty appreciate it.

I switched back to the factory shackles after I did my lift but I did a SOA so it's a little different. You may not get enough lift with just a lift pack and factory shackles though.

Fabtech lift packs got me just a little forward rake for about a month then it leveled out just right. No lift shackles needed.

Fabtech lift packs got me just a little forward rake for about a month then it leveled out just right. No lift shackles needed.

That's kinda what I'm thinking. I'll have to yank them out of one of the two 2nd gens at the local JY before the install. I tossed my old shackles after switching to the warriors, not thinking that I would ever need them again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ohh and for rear shocks i used 1st gen lift shocks.

Back