Read to bypass ur lom!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Read to bypass ur lom!!!!

Ok so finally we have relief. I got a chance to talk to a ford technician and he got me the schematic for the wiring. He showed me how to bypass this damned module. All you need to do is cut 4 wires and reconnect them. The only thing u lose is ur computer will no longer tell you that one of ur headlights is no longer working.

1. Unplug module.

2. Cut the White/Light Green wire. aka. pin 1

3. Cut the Dark Blue/ white wire. aka. pin 11

4. Soldier and heat wrap wires. from step 2-3

5. Cut Dark Blue/Light Green Wire aka. pin 12

6. Cut Dark Green/ Orange Wire. aka pin 13

7. Soldier and heat wrap wires. from step 5-6.

8. Reconnect plug with all remaining wires to Lom.
Worked perfectly for me. I assume this will help all of you that are trying to do the hid upgrade also.

The schematic is posted here also a blow up of the light out module.
http://lightsoutmodule.shutterfly.com/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No rear running lights still

I re solder one of the pins years ago to get them to come back on.Now that my rear running light dont work, I suspect the LOM> I did the fix posted here and hope to prevent any future problems with the lights. Any ideas what the wiring schematic is for the rear running lights?

I still have no rear running light.. ANy one. /.?>

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

What year did ford replace the LOM

yep still no running lights. Anytime i see an eddie bauer or limited explorer i check for the LOM in the console and never find one. Just the plug or wires that were left behind. I see the message center in the 2000 explorer. do they not have a LOM?

Anyone know any info for the 2007 Explorer for bypassing the LOM on it? I have HID's installed and getting that Check Headlight error - would this bypass be similiar?

ok what doesit do and why would i wanna bypass it?

Eddie Bowers, Limiteds ect. with the display computer in the console used this module to warn you when a light is out. It sometimes fails and the headlights dont work right so it has to be repaired, replaced or bypassed.

I dont think you have one. So, not to worry.

Eddie Bowers, Limiteds ect. with the display computer in the console used this module to warn you when a light is out. It sometimes fails and the headlights dont work right so it has to be repaired, replaced or bypassed.

I dont think you have one. So, not to worry.

aright that's good stuff...if it's not gonna cause me a problem i'll ignore it

i have the schematic and i did it myself. it works perfectly

So this will bring my driver side lowbeam come back on, and wont be reminded to check my headlights by the computer?

So this will bring my driver side lowbeam come back on, and wont be reminded to check my headlights by the computer?

that is correct. been about a year now and i still have no issues.

Worked great.

I just bypassed my LOM like the instructions said.:thumbsup: The LOM itself had a bad solder joint.:( My driver side low-beam came back on, and everything is working great so far. :navajo: And yes, my LOM also had a official looking orange sticker on it with numbers forwarding to an adult line, saying to call before replacing. Weird, maybe :usa:Ford ( made in China ) should double check there numbers...

just finished doin mine everything works just feel stupid there are 2 white and green wires and i didnt see the right one at first so like an idiot i cut the one farthest from the other headlight wires which in turned stopped my taillights from working but i got it now and all seems well thanks for this thread

Does anyone know if the bypass schematic works for the 1997 Explorer EB? I have to bypass for my left headlight as well as my brake lights. Thanks.

just finished doin mine everything works just feel stupid there are 2 white and green wires and i didnt see the right one at first so like an idiot i cut the one farthest from the other headlight wires which in turned stopped my taillights from working but i got it now and all seems well thanks for this thread

Don't worry dude, I did the same! I think it was because of the low light....well that's my excuse anyway!

bump to see if it works on the 1997 Eddie Bauer

FYI it works with the 97 as well. I got bored this morning and tried it

I'll have to try this, this holiday weekend. Because my tail lights weren't working and wasn't getting any error message or anything. So I pulled off the message center and wiggled the plug going into the LOM and then the tail lights started to work. So I put a little rubber piece in the mean time to put pressure constantly against the connector going into the LOM to keep my tail lights working. It's ghetto but it works.

i have no rear running lights, i hooked up my trailer lights and two hours later boom no running lights. any opinions guys?? does anyone know the colors of the wires on the lom that controls the rear lights

Old tread but worked like a charm for me..... Thanks for posting....

Back