mechanically disinclined | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mechanically disinclined

explunz

Reaction score
I'm not mechanical, although I do like to figure out how things work. However mechanics make more money than I do, so it seems to make sense to do whatever work I can myself.
I would like to own an all electric vehicle as soon as possible for lower cost and simplicty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Simplicity? The entire car would be controlled by a computer, that is not simplicity.

Computer Control?

Simplicity? The entire car would be controlled by a computer, that is not simplicity.

A greater part of overall function of each year's new vehicles is computer monotored or controlled anyway, so, why would an entire electric-powered car computer controlled be considered too complex?

I thought everyone's fear of "computer control" had slowly dissipated over the past 20 years, as we got stuck with more and more of it!

Been wrong before, though, especially when I escaped from the bottle....imp

Waiting for a good plugin

I'm not mechanical, although I do like to figure out how things work. However mechanics make more money than I do, so it seems to make sense to do whatever work I can myself.
I would like to own an all electric vehicle as soon as possible for lower cost and simplicty.

A high power electric motor/generator speed controller is not very simple but is probably easy to replace. I decided years ago to skip the hybrids and wait for a plugin all electric. Now I just have to live long enough for the price to drop so I can afford one.

welcome

Back