My 99 behind swap!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 99 behind swap!!

37" tires = 5.13 no question.
35" tires = 4.88 if DD.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive got 4.88 and 33s for now.im going to pull it back apart to put an aussie in it later on mybe be summer and im going to dbl check everything and if any noise or wear is in there ill reshim it but for now is sound and feels good.i cant wait till i get the brakes fixed and gears broke in so i can really get on it!! Im pissed though that my chrome cover wouldnt fit,the gear where rubbing on it.it looks good and is about 3" higher now,those aal and new spring helped sooo much!! I barley got to hit the gas and its up and wanting to spin tires,i knwow not to get on it and break it in just saying it feels like it would.

Anyone know what spedo gear i need.i changed it out for the 33x12.50 and 3.73&a4ld but now its way off.ive got a4ld,488 33x12.50 on 15 x10 rims?

Man, good on you for learning how to set up you own r&p. I've got to do mine but gonna have to put down the $$$ to get em done since I don't wanna screw it up!

All you have done im sure you could have done it!!what gears you getting?

Anyone know what spedo gear i need.i changed it out for the 33x12.50 and 3.73&a4ld but now its way off.ive got a4ld,488 33x12.50 on 15 x10 rims?

I have the 21-tooth "red" gear in mine (pt# C4OZ-A (C4OZ-17271-A)). With 5.13s and 35" tires it's still about 3-4 MPH fast at 65 MPH. Unfortunately there isn't a bigger gear available for it so you'd have to swap the worm gear inside your t-case to go any lower on it (I think from a "white" worm gear to a "red" one IIRC). I'd probably just stick the 21T gear in there and be done with it (if you ever go to 35s I bet it'll be right on then).

4.10 Yukons. Right now I'm running 3.55s on 31.6" tires so it should be a nice boost

You take out the pumpkins and bring them to me with gears and install kits and I'll set them up for $100 each axle.

Hmm that sure beats 400 an axle lol :D

I'll let you know....I live in NoVa so just gotta plan for some time off work to drive down there and back.

Quick question..don't want to sidetrack this thread too much but can I run an aussie locker on a new set of gears? Or should I put it in after they're broken in?

Hmm that sure beats 400 an axle lol :D

I'll let you know....I live in NoVa so just gotta plan for some time off work to drive down there and back.

Quick question..don't want to sidetrack this thread too much but can I run an aussie locker on a new set of gears? Or should I put it in after they're broken in?

you two can talk about anything you want in any of my threads as you both have helped me out ALOT!@!!!!im pretty sure you can put them in with new gears.boomin knows what hes talking about and im sure it would be worth it for you to have him do it!!i would have let him do all mine if i wasnt so determined to do it myself and he still ended up doing and helping me alot!!why would they even put 355 in a truck!!!if you do come down bring that 308 and we can go shootn:D:D:shoot::shoot:

I have the 21-tooth "red" gear in mine (pt# C4OZ-A (C4OZ-17271-A)). With 5.13s and 35" tires it's still about 3-4 MPH fast at 65 MPH. Unfortunately there isn't a bigger gear available for it so you'd have to swap the worm gear inside your t-case to go any lower on it (I think from a "white" worm gear to a "red" one IIRC). I'd probably just stick the 21T gear in there and be done with it (if you ever go to 35s I bet it'll be right on then).

is there a chart or way to figure it out??im going to 36x13.50 soon!!

why would they even put 355 in a truck!!!if you do come down bring that 308 and we can go shootn:D:D:shoot::shoot:

I know right, 3.55's :crazy: Either they figured these trucks would never be taken off the pavement or they did it for better highway mileage. Maybe both lol.

Yeah it would be awesome to go shoot sometime. I still gotta zero the scope on my saiga. Also just got a new mount from TWS that replaces the top cover...need to put that on too.

pics yeaaaaa!! ive got a question about how far the brake booster pushrod should be set at but i started a thread in the 2nd gen section,figured it would get more replies
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304218
2zzri8g.jpg

meaty
2ewnvhx.jpg

and how i did the brake line,i extended it 8" and hook it to a spring,under full droop it wouldnt fit
vf1nq.jpg

Thank you!!

Really bad.it went up 3" but i am runing 31"s on the front right now and 33s on the rear soo

oh my.. you could probably throw down some pretty good times on the strip with that setup.. hahah

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did the math and i need like a 21.1 so a red gear and when i go 36s its just going to be off as the dont make a bigger gear.no the ebrake isnt hooked up but im just going to crimp a feral on the 99 cable.i need to figure these brake out though i cant belive the is a difference in a 99mc and a 95 mc.olny difference ive came up with is the proportioning valve and i think i would still have brakes just the bios would be off.i have brakes but they dont start working till you press it 3/4 way down and you reach the floor before you get enough pressure to stop!! But the rear feel good and power full,rpms are pretty high 45-50 im screamn at 3000+ rpms in 3rd right in my power band though,yes i know i still have od need to start useing it now!!!hahah

Back