Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11

ill take one =p the 92 sounds sweet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll take 2 and then get LiKuiD to install some useless crap like a cotton candy dispenser!

Any thoughts of another run anytime, i was thinking the caranza or atco area next time.

i dont care where we go as long as its legal. no grey areas or "dont worry about it, I've been goin there for years and never had a problem"! I am not payin another ticket and will stay away from any questionable areas.

Carranza is completely legal as long as you stay on marked trails, its obvious which are and which aren't. Atco can be one of those "gray areas" many of the trails are marked and legal, but there are cut thrughs from one legal trail to another that are off limits. to me its just a way for them to screw you over. not sure when ill be back in business, i went for one of these so called "easy trail rides" and cracked a leaf spring and then my right rear caliper locked up this morning on the way to school.

The place he's referring to that he got the ticket is legal too... the trails actually have street names if you look them up on a map. The ticket they got was pretty lame... "going off trail" or something like that?

That ranger was having a bad day and just needed to feel important... unfortunately you can get that ticket anywhere in NJ.

Hell... 90% of the pictures in this thread are technically "off trail" and are ticket worthy.

yea i mean its kind of hard to not end up on one illegal trail in the pines at some time, you pretty much just have to play stupid and be prepared to show a ranger a legal spot your trying to get too. for example hidden lakes are a legal place to swim and fish but most of the trails to get there are off limits. same with jemimah mt. it is a mapped and legal area but the most of the trails to get there are off limits. I've given up on trying to stay on legal trails, i just carry a map and am ready to play stupid and act like im trying to get somewhere.

i just carry a map and am ready to play stupid and act like im trying to get somewhere.

That doesn't work as well when you have 10 trucks in a line.

I bet that if you have a garbage bag in one of the trucks with some empty water bottles and random trash, and tell the Ranger that you're one of the "good guys" who are trying to preserve the sport as opposed to one of the idiots that goes back in the pines to drink/litter then they may be a bit more lenient with ya.... if you find some trash on the side of the trail (which is inevitable unfortunately), pick it up and toss it in the bag. ;)

hes got a point =p

Back