How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

396,000 miles.

original engine, unmodified.
Original transmission, unmodified
Replaced stretched chain in transfer case- wasn't bad, just "Clunked" when I stepped on the gas.

So far I have used 19 sets of brakes. (Long Chicago area commute, they get used hard) I can change all four brakes in less than a half hour. I purchased the lifetime warranty brakes at Autozone, so I only paid fo them once.
5 sets of tires.

4 sets of shocks. Probably should have replaced them more often.
3 pairs of lower balljoints.
1 pair of upper balljoints.
1 radiator (started leaking around the plastic where it's gasketed to the aluminum)
1 AC accumulator (rusted through)
1 front pulley- (it cracked and spun, causing the bugger to run rough for a while before I found it and fixed it)
2 pinion seals, one at 56,000 miles and another at 390,000 miles.
Two sets of rear wheel bearings.
two outer tie rod ends, one iner tie rod end.

I weedwhacked a stone through the back window and had to replace it last summer, feeling like an idiot.

Just started having some rust this winter.

Still runing strong, still not afraid to hop in and drive to anywhere regardless of distance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

another Pennsylvanian checks in!

welcome to the site!

133,000 and in the process of replacing heads.....looks like gasket issue that went too long heads warped by 9 and 8 then bill marsh broke the rear chain guide so i gotta wait til monday to get my truck back

1 water pump 10k ago
1 set of Edelbrocks 60k ago...soon to be Bilsteins...
4 cross drilled rotors and Performance friction pads almost 90k miles ago...
1 set of Autolite Double platinums and Taylor Spiral Pros 60k ago

Torque Monsters were ordered 3 weeks ago along with an intake spacer, new plugs, wires, oxygen sensor, egr valve...will all be done while it's down.

1996 V6 OHV 171,000 Original Miles I think.
Second Owner Got It in June 2010 156,000

new Spark plugs Motorcraft Platinum , Seafoamed, Tie Rods @ 170,000

Today

2011-03-16_12-13-48_423.jpg

I'm right behind you! ;)

nice to see another 97 still kickin the asphalt! :thumbsup:

mine isn't getting any more for a while, spit a head gasket at 375,000 and a bit

justin, don't know if any one noticed you are driving at 30 mph while taking that picture. Thats talent!

is that as bad as driving with a cell phone??

No its not that bad. Takes some skill though. I think its gonna be an Olympic Event at the summer games.

It was my only chance ;)

your my idol man. thats incredible.

396,000 miles.

original engine, unmodified.
Original transmission, unmodified
Replaced stretched chain in transfer case- wasn't bad, just "Clunked" when I stepped on the gas.

So far I have used 19 sets of brakes. (Long Chicago area commute, they get used hard) I can change all four brakes in less than a half hour. I purchased the lifetime warranty brakes at Autozone, so I only paid fo them once.
5 sets of tires.

4 sets of shocks. Probably should have replaced them more often.
3 pairs of lower balljoints.
1 pair of upper balljoints.
1 radiator (started leaking around the plastic where it's gasketed to the aluminum)
1 AC accumulator (rusted through)
1 front pulley- (it cracked and spun, causing the bugger to run rough for a while before I found it and fixed it)
2 pinion seals, one at 56,000 miles and another at 390,000 miles.
Two sets of rear wheel bearings.
two outer tie rod ends, one iner tie rod end.

I weedwhacked a stone through the back window and had to replace it last summer, feeling like an idiot.

Just started having some rust this winter.

Still runing strong, still not afraid to hop in and drive to anywhere regardless of distance.

2000 Limited V8 - Just turned 149k

Original engine, trans, (I wouldnt doubt spark plugs and wires too)
Needs some trans work, but still drives great though. Im just gonna have it rebuilt here in the next 2 months or so.

94,x.. miles on my 2000 XLT

My 00 XLS 4x4 with a 4.0L OHV has 147K on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

187,100 miles on my 98, but i need to rebuild the trans.

Back