• Register Today It's free!

RAPTOR Grill for Explorers?

DreamCar

Reaction score
City, State
Yaphank, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 4 Door XLT
Does anyone know if there is a Grill out there that looks like the raptor grill for the 02's?
129_0811_01_z+2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor+grill.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt it, too early and I don't think there will be enough if any demand to make them for the Explorer.. The Explorer is slowly becoming a family vehicle than something to play around with and customize.. in comparison to the 1st/2nd gen anyways..

Dreamcar...

you should keep dreaming lol

Yeah.. sorry to say.

Are you looking for the grill pattern, or a like a replica with the "FORD" in the middle?

I just think it'd be awesome to have a grill with FORD on it like the Raptor

could always take a raptor grill and cut it into the explorer shape and duct tape it in :D :p:

I just think it'd be awesome to have a grill with FORD on it like the Raptor

It'd have to be custom. The pattern on the top and bottom you can get from anywhere. You could then make molds for the emblems and pour some liquid plastic in there. Sounds like a lotta work, but deff possible. Plus I saw in your tag your from Yahpank, those guys out there are so good with retro fitting just about n e thing, sure you know somebody. A sideview of the grill would look like this:

I just moved out here from Smithtown/Islip area, so I don't really know any one out here, but thanks for the help everyone, i'll see if i can find someone to help me with this, im not knowledgeable in cars (just tech) and would love to get into it, and i guess this is will be my first :p if i ever get to it, ill show ya guys it ^_^

Im also looking for a raptor style grill for an 02 explorer.

dude, lemme know when u find this, haha

If you put on a new grill you could always put the old one in front of the fire place as a spark guard:D

This is the grille I want!!

SS950-76585.jpg

I do like the traditional ford emblem in the centre of the grill.

I'm with Rondo on this, for me, that grille is way nicer than the raptor one. Got to have the oval emblem and I love the fog lights in the grille a la Mustang styles and even briefly considered having a crack at fabricating something similar when I did my grille.

Bah- a real grille has springs behind it...

ZGBGZIHV7LX2RAVBK1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should be easy enough to just make one. Take your factory grille, cut out everything except the surround, make some letters out of MDF, fiberglass everything to seal it all in and paint, bingo bango

Back