Bill #5 Explorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
What Is Quiet Start?

In the remote start set-up, there is a function called "Quiet Start". What is this? Can't find any info in the manual. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe this controls whether or not when remote starting your X, the climate controls come on and either heat/cool the vehicle. My guess is, when this is on, the engine can rev higher as needed to ensure proper heating/cooling.

Quiet start is no horn honking. You can have the remote start set to honk or not. Mine set to stealth :D

While going through the choices on the screen left of the speedometer, I see "quiet start" under the remote start options. If gives me the option of on or off, but I can't find anything in the literature that says what it actually affects. Can anyone help?

While going through the choices on the screen left of the speedometer, I see "quiet start" under the remote start options. If gives me the option of on or off, but I can't find anything in the literature that says what it actually affects. Can anyone help?

See page 149 of your manual. Locks and Security

"Vehicles with automatic climate control can be configured to operate
when the vehicle is started. Refer to Remote start climate options in
the Climate Controls chapter for more information and also refer to
Message center in the Instrument Cluster chapter to learn how to
enable different climate options. A manual climate control system will
run at the setting it was set to when the vehicle was last turned off.
To help make the vehicle as comfortable as possible, the engine idle can
be increased during a remote start. You can enable or disable engine idle
increase by selecting Remote Start Quiet in the message center. Refer to
Message center in the Instrument Cluster chapter."
2011 Explorer (exp)
Owners Guide, 3rd Print

Thanks for the help. I don't know why I wasn't able to find it. It is a little confusing though. I assume that the "quiet start" ON mode would mean that the motor will NOT go to high rpms at start-up. Is this what you would think?

Thanks

Thanks for the help. I don't know why I wasn't able to find it. It is a little confusing though. I assume that the "quiet start" ON mode would mean that the motor will NOT go to high rpms at start-up. Is this what you would think?

Thanks

I agree with you. I'll probably turn my quiet start off (loud, higher RPM's) for the winter months, so the truck warms up faster on those cold mornings.

Hey guys,

I’m glad that you were able to find the answer to this! In case you don’t have a digital copy, the Owner’s Guide can also be downloaded/printed for free at www.FordOwner.com > Vehicle Basics > Owner’s Manual and Videos > and selecting 2011 Explorer from the drop down menus!

Cory

Quiet start is no horn honking. You can have the remote start set to honk or not. Mine set to stealth :D
“Stealth mode” is a cool way to describe it! :cool: Let me know if you have any questions I can find the answer to!

Cory

Hi, I cant find this option under "remote start" on my 2015 Explorer Limited. I know I saw it before. Where is the option?

Hi,

Where is this in a 2015 Limited Explorer? I cant find the option

I'll check to see if my 16 has this, I don't recall seeing it but seems to function as described if it was selected "ON"

I'll check to see if my 16 has this, I don't recall seeing it but seems to function as described if it was selected "ON"
The 2016 Manual refers to "Quiet Start".

Peter

I know I saw it there.... the only update I did myself was for the Apple Siri Eyes thing recently... I cant believe that would make it disappear... Its so weird.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back