What's your status? | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

A day short of 10 weeks, my vehicle is in Newark,NJ . Here's hoping on getting it in the next day or so.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could today ACTUALLY be THE day????

Ordered 2/1
Built 3/15
ETA 3/21
ETA 3/30
Awaiting shipment FOREVER
Shipped 4/13
Arrived in Los Angeles 4/21
ETA 4/26

The dealer called yesterday and said he expects it on his lot around 11AM today. He'll need a few hours to install the DVD players and the roof racks. Hoping to pick it up this evening. Today will be 11 weeks and 4 days from day of order. Not getting my hopes up until we're on the lot and I actually SEE the car. Fingers crossed. (BTW, while I am excited for the new car, the long wait and experience has sort of "killed" some of the thrill and I'm actually feeling nostalgic about selling my old car...it's been good to me. Oh well, I know as soon as I sit in the new car the thrill will be there.)

I try not to get my hopes up too much either. I expect the dealer to try to raise the price, not give me promised trade in, or damage/imperfections on my Ex, that may leave me Explorer-less for additional time. I still have my fingers crossed and been waiting for it to arrive...hopefully soon.

Got this from my dealer today.

"Arrived Norfolk Southern Roanoke, Va Apr 26 12:40 AM.

Almost here. Does not give me a new ETA, just the original of Mar 20."

Getting close now. Actually in the same state.

That is awesome!! I think mine will be on the same truck as yours heading to Koons. :)

I try not to get my hopes up too much either. I expect the dealer to try to raise the price, not give me promised trade in, or damage/imperfections on my Ex, that may leave me Explorer-less for additional time. I still have my fingers crossed and been waiting for it to arrive...hopefully soon.

Be positive and go in with a good disposition and you will be fine. As long as you are fair they should treat you the same!

What's your status

Mine must have been on the same train! Dealer just called and the truck was just dropped off at the railyard here in Albuquerque, will finally pick up Thurs. Only took 14 weeks!!

Good for you! Mine has taken 7 weeks so far. After your drop-off, I hope the train keeps on moving to Phoenix today. Would love for it to arrive tomorrow! Will you get the $1,000 rebate?

I think ours really are on the same train as you said. My update was for WV this morning at 10:54am.

Edit: It is nice that she is getting a tour of the Virginia Tech area on the way up so the decals don't seem odd :)

Ordered 3/18
VIN 3/24
Built 4/21
Awaiting Shipment 4/26
ETA 4/26.... yep, that is what they told me today LOL

My dealer emailed me today and said that my status had changed from "scheduled" to "locked in." I have a VIN, but no window sticker. Anyone know what the significance is of locked in vs scheduled? Am I actually getting any closer?

My dealer emailed me today and said that my status had changed from "scheduled" to "locked in." I have a VIN, but no window sticker. Anyone know what the significance is of locked in vs scheduled? Am I actually getting any closer?

I think it just means you can't make any changes to the order as the vehicle is getting ready to be built.

I finally got my VIN this week (dealer gave me the wrong order number at first), and a build date of 4/28. I can see the window sticker so that is a positive sign.

Where is everyone getting the additional information about shipping and transit status? Thanks,

Ordered 2/1
Built 3/15
ETA 3/21
ETA 3/30
Awaiting shipment FOREVER
Shipped 4/13
Arrived in Los Angeles 4/21
ETA 4/26

The dealer called yesterday and said he expects it on his lot around 11AM today. He'll need a few hours to install the DVD players and the roof racks. Hoping to pick it up this evening. Today will be 11 weeks and 4 days from day of order. Not getting my hopes up until we're on the lot and I actually SEE the car. Fingers crossed. (BTW, while I am excited for the new car, the long wait and experience has sort of "killed" some of the thrill and I'm actually feeling nostalgic about selling my old car...it's been good to me. Oh well, I know as soon as I sit in the new car the thrill will be there.)

Dealer called yesterday at 11:45 to say that it had arrived. Picked it up last night about 5:30. Except for the fact that I can't get my phone to sync (taking it to dealer for help tonight), I'm feeling pretty good.

To get the same payment from our deal in February, our dealer had to take $3000 off the price. It worked out ok for us, but they had to take a small hit. The fact that they did it earned back some points with us.

Since it has been raining pretty much most of the last 24 hours, I haven't had the opportunity to truly ENJOY my X. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with it later this week when it's not raining.

Ordered 2/17
Built 3/16
Delivered to Dealer 4/25
Picked up 4/25

I think it just means you can't make any changes to the order as the vehicle is getting ready to be built.

Yeah, that makes sense. Well I guess that means I'm getting closer. Maybe I'll have it by August! :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Thanks Seni! I don't know what we would do without you!

Ordered: 3/18
VIN: 4/8
In Production: 4/25
Built: TBD
Sync: TBD
Delivered: TBD

Limited, Red Candy/Stone, 302A, Tow, Moonroof, Polished Alum, Splash Guards

However, I am still not getting a window sticker on the websites.

Another update:

Ordered: 3/18
VIN: 4/8
In Production: 4/25
Window Sticker: 4/26
Build Date (from sticker): 4/30

Not sure I know what the sticker build date really means since mine is on a Saturday.

Limited, Red Candy/Stone, 302A, Tow, Moonroof, Polished Alum, Splash Guards

Delivered TODAY!!!!

Ordered: 3/14
VIN: 3/25
Build Date 4/13
Delivered:4/26 Delivered Today

Finally! couldn't take waiting anymore!!

Good Luck to the rest of you X lovers your time will come!!!!

Hi Fellow Explorer's

Mrs. Groovy's Explorer

Ordered: 3/28
VIN: 4/18
Window Sticker: 4/26
Build Date (from sticker): 5/02

Dealer Estimate 6 to 8 weeks

Ingot Silver XLT LT Stone Int, 202A, Tow, Nav, Splash Guards, Remote Start to be installed by dealer

I'm starting to see new Explorers every day. It's driving me crazy.

Still waiting on mine that was built March 9th.

Good for you! Mine has taken 7 weeks so far. After your drop-off, I hope the train keeps on moving to Phoenix today. Would love for it to arrive tomorrow! Will you get the $1,000 rebate?

Yes, our dealer has been great and has put in writing our rebates. Only thing left in question is trade-in value of our current car, they wouldn't give an offer on it when ordering as he said he didn't want to give a number and have it change by the time I actually trade it in, and now with the high gas prices I'm afraid it's not going to be that great. Oh well I'll just suck it up. Can't wait for tomorrow though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, our dealer has been great and has put in writing our rebates. Only thing left in question is trade-in value of our current car, they wouldn't give an offer on it when ordering as he said he didn't want to give a number and have it change by the time I actually trade it in, and now with the high gas prices I'm afraid it's not going to be that great. Oh well I'll just suck it up. Can't wait for tomorrow though.

We picked ours up last night and they honored the $1000 rebate! WooHoo!!!

Back