• Register Today It's free!

Text message read out loud.

bbag88

Reaction score
City, State
AG, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie & 2016 Limited
Anyone know for sure which AT&T phones will read a text out loud with the Sync system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have same question for Verizon. I am due for a new phone, but can only get though ATT or Verizon through my work. Any specific "smart phones" (or whatever they are called - iPhone, blackberries, Android, etc.) that work well??

iphone & Droid X seems to work well with the EX.

I have a Droid X and have so far been unable to receive text messages in my EX. I have only had the EX 5 days though, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have a Droid X and have so far been unable to receive text messages in my EX. I have only had the EX 5 days though, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

The MFT will read it out loud as long as you have a phone that has texting through bluetooth

I'm pretty sure the Droid X does not work w/ the SMS functionality, I don't think that jackey understood the OP's question.

Anyone know if the HTC Thunderbolt would work??

Where did you find the protocol? Are there others? My DEFY works (sometimes without MAP protocol) and thought that even those with the DRIODX were seeing the random text, not all the time?

http://developer.motorola.com/products/defy/

Find it? Not sure what you mean. I'm a bit of a phone geek, and this is my second sync equipped vehicle. I knew it from way back.

Anyone know if the HTC Thunderbolt would work??

Between the way HTC butchers the bluetooth stack within sense and the way big red butchers everything else...I can confidently say not much chance.

I have a Blackberry Torch. It works great with MySync. MySync will play musics that are storing on the phone. My co-works works have a lot of fun when I take them out to lunch, they would text my phone and then play the text messages over the car audio. You would not believe what they would say on those text messages.

Same here, my Droid X doesnt work SMS

Have not been able to get my Droid X to work, either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back