Anyone in south jersey???? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone in south jersey????

cool, you got anything blueprinted out or you just gonna wing it as you go? I need to do something for a winch up front, i'm out in Wharton way too much with just me and my family, I have to go around everything or turn around now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

don't forget man i felt the thing that made the bolts come out easier was torching them and then immediately losen them after you heat each one

what i have is a front mount hitch with hitch attachment

yea ive been soaking the heck out of the bolts with pb blaster and im gunna heat em real good, got most of the prep work done just have to disconnect some things and get the actual spacers in then reassemble, as far as the bumpers ill most likely use some two or three inch diameter, 1/4 inch thick square stock with another piece welded in the middle perpendicularly to attach my tow hook that normally goes on my tow receiver.Nothing elaborate or fancy just simple and tough, i am going to try to find some winch dimensions so i can incorporate a winch mount even though i wont have one for awhile.

don't forget man i felt the thing that made the bolts come out easier was torching them and then immediately losen them after you heat each one

not sure how the explorer body mounts bolt through the body, but the Yukon there was no way of getting a torch to the nutserts which are what needed to be heated. Did you break any bolts at all?

what i have is a front mount hitch with hitch attachment

I'll have to look at your setup in the day light. I was thinking of the front hitch but I'm afraid of killing my approach angle compared to having a winch up a little higher as on a bumper.

Tgreene. How do you plan on tieing into your frame? I was thinking of getting a front mounted hitch and using the frame tie ins that come with that, then building offf of them. Is there any companies out ther that sell prefabbed frame tie in's that you know of? I know for jeep cherokees and grand cherokees they do, this way it spreads the styress across more points of the frame.

ill most likely weld the bumper to a steel plate that will bolt to the frame...ive drawn a few ideas out....in my head at least, ill put em on paper soon.

mudboy i think i have my drop down posts from my 4inch lift on the ranger if u want them make me a ofter and come get them

honestly it didnt kill my approach angle especially with the lift on the truck.it looks good with the winch

mudboy i think i have my drop down posts from my 4inch lift on the ranger if u want them make me a ofter and come get them

lol, I don't know what to offer. Shoot me a price, if it's feasable for me to take out of my pay I'll buy them this weekend. This previous pay is sorta hurt, bought a 85 VW jetta deisel to save on some fuel.

honestly it didnt kill my approach angle especially with the lift on the truck.it looks good with the winch

next week I'm getting my windsheild replaced so I'll be up and going again. we'll get some wheeling in and I'll check out your set up.

lol, I don't know what to offer. Shoot me a price, if it's feasable for me to take out of my pay I'll buy them this weekend. This previous pay is sorta hurt, bought a 85 VW jetta deisel to save on some fuel.

What ever name a price just want them gone 50 bucks ? Do u still have the same cell #

Man, it's nice to see some south Jersey people! Not much for off roading, kinda went the other way with my truck, but anytime anyone wants to meet-up just lmk... I have a 6 day a week job, wife, and 2 y/o daughter. I need man time, also if anyone needs any help fixing/replacing anything I'd be more than happy to help(as long as you help me if/when I need it too)....

I'm in central nj. Have a sas danna 44 1994 ford explorer. Plan on putting in the 700r4 and the atless or pm 231 right now truck is sitting. The trainny blow up and the rear end needs work. But I'm time it will be up and running. I would love to meet someone in nj that into 4x4. I tried to up load pic. It didn't work. Facebook desertduck77 you'll find me.

Yo guys. I'm out in Haddonfield (right next to Cherry Hill). Ive gone to Attco about 10 times but wana go back sometime this summer. Just got my 265s and gettin it lifted in a week. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up or 4 wheel

Nice to meet ya guys ill be ill be on the trails again soon just gotta fix my trans or replace it right now..

I'll have my windshield done Friday, so my explorer will be back on the trails this weekend. Gregorh I'm right down Kings Highway from you. I'm in Bellmawr

Nice nice. Do you ever go to atco?

go to atco all the time, got my new trans today so should be back to trails in another week if there's no more set backs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good stuff. im gettin my lift on in about a week. Waitin for it in the mail now. Im down the shore for like the whole summer but if and when i do get up home i'll prolly try and head up to Atco for a little fun

Back