What's your status? | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered 4/6 and nothing at all. Talked to dealer last week and told me they have 5 customer orders out and only the first has a vin so there are still 2 in front of mine being i am #4 on orders from my dealer. It is a small local dealer but hopefully i get my vin soon. I really need my X in June because we are adding on to our family in the beginning of july and our current vehicle is going to be too small for us. So hopefully i start getting info soon!!

finally in sacramento

finally took delivery April 28
kind of anti climatic
cheers

I just talked to customer service and they told me that my X left the plant at 6:30 this morning. As I live only a little over an hour from the plant, I'm guessing it should arrive today. It's kinda strange that I still cannot pull up anything on Sync My Ride. It still won't allow me to validate the VIN.

Anyway, I'm flying out of town for a mini vacation tomorrow. So - unless my dealer is very quick with the prep, I'll have to wait until next Monday.

My order was placed on 3/22..

And that's where it ends....:mad:

No info or nothing

Ordered March 12th (a Saturday) and was built on 4/27/2011. ETA is 5/7/11 in CT, but not recognized on Sync my ride - not sure why. Getting very excited!!!

It's kinda strange that I still cannot pull up anything on Sync My Ride. It still won't allow me to validate the VIN.

When you say you cannot pull up anything on Sync My Ride--Isn't that something that comes with the vehicle? Or, is it VIN-related and something you can search online?

Ordered - 4/27
Vin - 5/2 (!)
Build Date - ?
ETA - ?

Limited, Tuxedo Black, Med. Light Stone, Tow, Moon Roof, 20" Pol. Alum., DVD Headrests

Can't believe it. Got my VIN today (thanks, Seni!). Seems to be moving much faster than I expected...

Grrrr....So my sales guy sent me an email that he had a truck with 8 explorers coming in tonight and was pretty convinced that mine must be one of them (as was I based on tracking). He got the list of VINS at 5pm that would be on the truck and found out mine wasn't one of them :(

There is a theory that maybe some other sales guys made nice with the transport driver and got them to load ones that should have waited a couple of days on the truck first :mad:

Not a huge deal, was gonna be rushed with weekend plans anyway and it is only a couple of more days to wait. I think my sales guy was more upset than I am

Any word on yours yet?

Seemed to be right behind mine, so I thought you might have it by now.

I spoke with Ford Customer Service and they said the dealer has to show that vehicle as "sold" for it to appear on Sync My Ride. She was not alarmed that mine which is in transit does not appear on Sync My Ride. I'll just wait and see...

I spoke with Ford Customer Service and they said the dealer has to show that vehicle as "sold" for it to appear on Sync My Ride. She was not alarmed that mine which is in transit does not appear on Sync My Ride. I'll just wait and see...

Thats good to know. Mine was built 4/28, shows in transit now with an ETA to my location the week of 5/8, but also does not show on the sync site.

When I spoke to the rep @ Ford, she mentioned something about a trial subscription for Sync. That's not a pay service though, is it?

She was probably talking about sync services. That is the voice assistance feature (like onstar for GM, or bing411, goog411, etc it uses your phone to make a call and then you ask for the information you want). I think they come with 3 years for free. Nice idea, but I think I prefer the sirus travelink services that are more data-centric to the mft system (weather, scores, traffic, etc)

I have a VIN...is there anyway to find more info on built date, etc...??

Usually about two weeks after your VIN date you will be able to pull the window sticker which will have your build date information.

Just found out my Sweepstakes Explorer is at the dealer FINALLY!! :thumbsup::):D:p::cool:

I'm going to stop by on the way home to oogle it a bit :bounce:, but don't think I will have to schedule to pick it up until this weekend.:burnout:

Another plus, the Sync guy happens to be there today and they are updating to 2.8 for me.:chug:

The final breakdown of dates:

Kona Blue Limited 4wd
vin=1FMHK8F88BGA25761
Ordered 1/31/11
Built 2/7/11
SMR 2/10/11 with 2.4
ETA 1: 2/14/11
ETA 2: 2/20/11
Final delivery: 5/3/11

I can't believe it is finally here :bdrunk:

Just found out my Sweepstakes Explorer is at the dealer FINALLY!! :thumbsup::):D:p::cool:

I'm going to stop by on the way home to oogle it a bit :bounce:, but don't think I will have to schedule to pick it up until this weekend.:burnout:

I can't believe it is finally here :bdrunk:

Congrats! I know you have been waiting a long time.

Tell Greg Chris says hi, and that I am loving my Explorer.

I ordered a XLT sterling gray fully loaded including DVD on 3-25. Ford got the order on 3-28. I still have nothing not even a vin number. Very annoyed and angry right now

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered a XLT sterling gray fully loaded including DVD on 3-25. Ford got the order on 3-28. I still have nothing not even a vin number. Very annoyed and angry right now

Have you PM'd Seni on the board? I have not heard a thing from my dealer since I placed my order... All of my information has come from Seni. Once I have my Ex, I hope the Sales Manager of the dealership asks me about my experience because I will have an ear full for him!!!!!

Back