What's the latest on delivery timelines? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's the latest on delivery timelines?

I ordered 3/12 and the ETA is 5/7 per Seni, though the dealer told me a week after as the ETA, I guess as a cushion. With the dealer's ETA, it was about 2 months for me (hopefully if all goes as planned).

Better sooner than later, I say! Check in with me at the end of the week, if you would like and I can check to see if it looks like you are on track to meet your ETA.

~Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered an XLT on March 22nd. I've called customer service and still don't have a build date or anything. I wish I could get some information on it! Oh well, I just hope it's worth the wait!

Please check your PMs, as I have replied with your order status. Enjoy your day! :)

Teehee,

PM Seni about it. I called Customer Service this morning and they didn't have a VIN number, but Seni gave me one this afternoon (and, if I understand correctly, they are assigned on Thursdays).

DH

Thanks for the referral! :)

~Seni

What do you make of this? The dealer just informed me my car was bumped in production. When I questioned how that can be when it was already built on 4/27 (per the window sticker), he said it was due to a paint issue with Japan. Again, how can the paint issue be a factor when it was already built on 4/27? Rather than a delivery date of this week, they said my date has been moved back to 5/23. Something just seems fishy, but I can't figure out what...

The only way to truly find out is by calling Ford Customer service at 1-800-334-4375. Have your vin number ready and ask them what happened.

What do you make of this? The dealer just informed me my car was bumped in production. When I questioned how that can be when it was already built on 4/27 (per the window sticker), he said it was due to a paint issue with Japan. Again, how can the paint issue be a factor when it was already built on 4/27? Rather than a delivery date of this week, they said my date has been moved back to 5/23. Something just seems fishy, but I can't figure out what...

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but what color did you order (and was it XLT, Base, or Limited)??

Sterling gray Limited
Unless there is some new, unreported issue, your dealer is either clueless or BS'ing you. The Japanese paint pigment issue only affected black and red paints, not gray or anything else.

Send a PM to Seni (FordCustSrvc) and see if she can help you.

Sterling gray Limited

That's not a color that I thought was constrained. I know Tuxedo Black and Burgundy (Bordeaux?) Red were initially. My salesman on 4/27 indicated that additional colors were being added to the list, but could only remember Kona Blue being one of them.

Seems weird if your Ex was already supposed to be built...

That's my point exactly! I am hoping it is just a case of cluelessness. I also told the salesman that I am hoping it will not be used as a demo. I am fearing they want to unload the current demo and use mine for a couple of weeks before letting me know it is in. Could be that I am paranoid, but the story makes no sense.

That's my point exactly! I am hoping it is just a case of cluelessness. I also told the salesman that I am hoping it will not be used as a demo. I am fearing they want to unload the current demo and use mine for a couple of weeks before letting me know it is in. Could be that I am paranoid, but the story makes no sense.

This paint pigment thing is weird. I keep hearing about how colors are restricted, yet no-one on this site seems to have any problems ordering the restricted colors (Black, Red, Etc).... Case in point: I ordered a Candy Red - supposedly a restricted color on March 26th and just got a build date for this week. I'm not sure what is going on. Perhaps they are shifting paint from other lines (F-150s) to the Explorer's because of the "newness" of the model and wanting to really show it off. Additionally, (and I cannot find the link right now) the factory in Japan is supposedly producing at a reduced level again and is slated for full production by sometime in June. Basically, the shortage is probably going to subside by the fall.

I would PM Seni or Cori (or local Ford reps - PM FordCustSrvc) and see if it has already been built. One of them should be able to independently verify this or not. Another option is to drive by the dealership and see if your car is in (or call).

Thank you for the recommendation Gandalf & jrmexplorer!

dencan,

I’m very happy to continue researching your order as Seni transitions to working on Twitter. Please send me a PM when you'd like me to look into your current status!

Cory

I think your little dealer fella is full of sh__. I ordered a Black Limited on 3/3. Tuxedo Black of course was one of the "forbidden colors".

I obtained the VIN from the dealer around 4/15. The build date on the window sticker originally showed 4/25, as in, "it would be produced during the week of 4/25". A few days later the sticker was updated to 4/29, reflecting the actual build day.

After reading your post I got nervous though and wondered if it had indeed been built so I called Ford Customer Service at 1-800-334-4375 for an update. (I PM'd Seni, but apparently she's "been promoted" to TwitterLand, lol).

I'm not sure if that's the right phone number to call, but the guy on the phone was quite helpful and was able to search my VIN and came back with some good news.

1). Yup, it got built. 2). It's in transit. 3). The ETA is much sooner than expected...

My dealer, on the West coast, originally projected an arrival date - barring any problems - on the week of June 6th. However, the revised date of arrival is now May 15th. Nice :)

So I guess they got those rail car issues out of the way, and the Black/Red paint pigment rationing does not seemed to have affected the special orders placed by anyone on this forum.

Unfortunately, your car Dencan, as you suspect, may well have been uhhh... how should I put this.... "re-directed" by an unscrupulous salesperson who perhaps saw a bigger fish swimming in the profit pond. At least it sounds like they ordered you another one and it will arrive a few weeks later.

This is nuts!

I am now 8 weeks out from the order date with no estimated time of delivery! I'm feeling a little frustrated. I talked to the dealer this morning. One that was ordered in January finally got a build date. At this rate, I might have it by Thanksgiving! LOL

Finally got a ETA. ordered 2/25 built 5/3 eta 5/25. Anyone with recent build dates(end of april/may) been receiving their X's on time? Or are they still consistantly missing ETA's.

Just recieved a phone call from dealer who said my EX would go into production the week of 5/16 to 5/20.
Still unable to see a window sticker. Guess I don't understand the process.

Mine is here!!!

Dealer just called and said it came in this morning. The service department bumped us up and got it in and went through it. We'll be taking it home tonight! We've been waiting since the end of March, so it's a relief that it's finally here!!!!

YoPirate,

I spoke with Natasha (my order status helper) and she said she sent you a message with your current status! Be sure to check your inbox!

If anyone else would like to have their order status researched, please send a private message with your VIN and/or dealer name / dealer code & order number!

Cory

Update: I called Ford Cust Service again today and they said it was delivered on 5/9. I called the dealer to ask if they had any news and they said no because the systems are updated on Thursdays. I told them that Ford said it was already delivered and he said he didn't think so but he would call me tomorrow. When I pressed him on how Ford can say it was delivered if it wasn't, he said he would check the lot. Sure enough he said it was there, but it was delivered on 5/10 (still yesterday). I am really kind of ticked about this whole thing. If the car has more than 50 miles on it, I am prepared to walk away.

I would have to really gain my composure and sit down with those folks. I would ask for an explanation.

I hate to stereotype anyone or group of people, but it seems they fit the sleezy scumbag car dealership stereotype.

Maybe they have a logical explanation, good luck and hope it all works well for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just recieved a phone call from dealer who said my EX would go into production the week of 5/16 to 5/20.
Still unable to see a window sticker. Guess I don't understand the process.
I’m sorry I overlooked your comment before. The online window sticker will usually update about 4 days before it rolls off the line. Yours should probably show up sometime next week!

dencan, that sounds like a frustrating case of miscommunication. Please don’t hesitate to message me if you have any issues so I can help.

Cory

Back