Voice Activated Nav | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Voice Activated Nav

Randys1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
I dont have the car yet, tomorrow...on mysync they say you can tell the nav a name of a preloaded place like home, but i know how to get home and most places i will want navigation on will be places i am finding out about right then

do you have to preload a place online inorder to get it voice activated, lets say all of a sudden i want to find out how to get to a place, i am in the explorer, will i have to type in the address or will i be able to speak it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Speak it. You say destination POI and then the name of the place like Wal-Mart. Then it will bring up all the walmarts in the aread and you can choose via voice 1 2 3 4...

Speak it. You say destination POI and then the name of the place like Wal-Mart. Then it will bring up all the walmarts in the aread and you can choose via voice 1 2 3 4...

oh, thanks

but if i want an address like a friends house, i would have to type that in?

Haven't tried that one yet but I'm pretty positive you could speak the address.

Not only do you speak the address, but you can say it all at once :

4356 Great Pines drive :thumbsup:

Not only do you speak the address, but you can say it all at once :

4356 Great Pines drive :thumbsup:

oh wow, i woulda bet you that you couldnt do that, that is very advanced

thanks for the good news!

It's actually 4356 Great Pines Drive, Your City. The command to navigate to an address is: "destination street address"

Just a tip. Speak normally. Don't speak slowly like your talking to someone who doesn't understand english. My wife does this. It's hilarious. Just speak like you normally would.

Just a tip. Speak normally. Don't speak slowly like your talking to someone who doesn't understand english. My wife does this. It's hilarious. Just speak like you normally would.

ok, back to slightly confused, do i say

"destination street address"

first then say the actual address info?

( dont have car yet, i know, this would be easier if i had an actual car or suv to work with, tomorrow)

This is for climate, not nav. But its a good example of how voice command works: press the button, wait for the ding, say your command.

http://youtu.be/M9BIoJT2cps

This is a great feature, speak the entire address and it usually recognizes and maps it. Huge upgrade over all the other nav systems I've had.

Back