My 2011 Explorer Order Cancelled By Ford Because of 2012 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2011 Explorer Order Cancelled By Ford Because of 2012

air bags in the seat belts? what am I missing?

my sticker says

advance trac with rsc
dual front and side airbags
side impact door beams
child seat tethor
illuminated entry
sos post crash alert sys

Was that a typo "airbags in the seatbelts" or is there some new tech I am unaware of? i pick mine up tomorrow, really excited, loaded limited white platinum
No typo. rear inflatable seat belts are real. They are only in the 2nd row and they have airbags in them. The added option costs $195. If added it shows up in the options section on the window sticker.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No typo. rear inflatable seat belts are real. They are only in the 2nd row and they have airbags in them. The added option costs $195. If added it shows up in the options section on the window sticker.

very cool....wow

air bags in the seat belts? what am I missing?

my sticker says

advance trac with rsc
dual front and side airbags
side impact door beams
child seat tethor
illuminated entry
sos post crash alert sys

Was that a typo "airbags in the seatbelts" or is there some new tech I am unaware of? i pick mine up tomorrow, really excited, loaded limited white platinum

It's an option for second row seating. Congrats and enjoy.

It's an option for second row seating. Congrats and enjoy.

speaking of 2nd row, my tahoe has bucket seats 2nd row, when you would fold down row 3 and put stuff back there it would slide all the way up to the console by the front row, very annoying

my new exp has 3rd row 50/50 bench and 2nd row 60/40 split bench

which i assume means the entire 3rd row can be folded down and if i leave the 2nd row up there wont be a hole in the seats in the middle for stuff to slide thru

I just ordered a fully loaded Limited on Monday, May 16. Dealer said they are taking 2011 orders for 2 more weeks & vehicle will take about 8 weeks to delivery. I asked about ordering a 2012 & dealer said that would delay delivery from approx mid-July to at least mid-Sept. Also, my trade in (Volvo XC90) would be a year older & probably would by then exceed 70k miles. In fact dealer asked me to "promise" that I would keep mileage under 70k assuming 8 week delivery (currently at 64,500). So it will be interesting to see if Ford comes back & tries to cancel or switch to 2012 MY.

Dave

I just got done talking with my sales rep, he said ford had cancelled the order, and wanted to change it to a 2012 model year order. I asked him to research the differences in case of any additional features. He got back to me and said the only differences will be with the engine / color, but the new color list will not be available until June 1st.

So my order is apparently now placed for 2012. Or maybe it's being placed on June 1st. He said I will get an order confirmation as soon as they accept it. Here's hoping

Not quite true. Ordered my 4wd 3rd week of April. It built yesterday.
AFAIK, the information was accurate at the time. Ford could well have changed their production scheduling afterward.

Glad you got what you wanted.

I just got done talking with my sales rep, he said ford had cancelled the order, and wanted to change it to a 2012 model year order. I asked him to research the differences in case of any additional features. He got back to me and said the only differences will be with the engine / color, but the new color list will not be available until June 1st.

So my order is apparently now placed for 2012. Or maybe it's being placed on June 1st. He said I will get an order confirmation as soon as they accept it. Here's hoping

The change of color is no gold leaf & the replacement color is "gingerale".
The FWD will have the 4 cyl eco boost option.
Those are the only differences in the 2012MY.

My guess would be your dealers allocation caused them to be pushed back beyond the date of scheduling for the last of the '11s.

It's interesting that your Volvo will be 'year' older. When the '12 is available for order, come September all the '11s will be instantly a 'year' older. If anyone wants an 11, the 11 order I cancelled will be here tommorrow lol. I just got a call about it 10 min ago. So tempting.

If anyone wants an 11, the 11 order I cancelled will be here tommorrow lol. I just got a call about it 10 min ago. So tempting.

Go get it! lol.

JStellato, I’m glad that your dealer will make sure your order for a 2012MY is submitted. Please let me know when they give you the order information and I will help track it.

Explorer209, I checked your order and saw that it hasn’t been cancelled and because it has been processed and assigned a VIN, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Rocketfan, the changes jackey mentioned are correct. If you have any issues once your Explorer arrives, please let me know!

If anyone is worried, I recommend speaking with the dealer to verify that your order is still in place. Like jrmexplorer said, I can also research your order status if you send a private message with your VIN or order number & dealer name / dealer code.

Cory

not even 24 hours yet, but i am loving mine

it has everything on it and i absolutely love it, i have read those who have issues with mysync, i already had one issue, synced the phone, went to lunch, never took phone out of car, came back and had to sync it again

i am going to try the self parking deal today, that is gonna be cool ;)

Only difference in 2011 is the color gold leaf will not be available & a new color called ginger ale will take it's place. The other difference is the option of the 4 cyl eco boost on FWD models. Craig said everything else is the same..next change will probably be slight in 2113 or 14 models.

Just seems rather strange they would confirm the order & then dump you a month later.

2014 may end up being a line refresh, Ford has adopted a 3 year refresh cycle. So, you'll probably see a new grill and taillights. :)

Back