• Register Today It's free!

MFT Text now working

Jrister24

Reaction score
City, State
Sterrett, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 GMC Sierra
I was driving down the road today & I got a notification that I had a next text message. This was weird to me because I have a Droid X and in the 2 months I've had my explorer, the text function never worked! Was there an updated pushed to the MFT today that made this start working? I'm very excited because it looks like I can send & receive text via voice control!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was driving down the road today & I got a notification that I had a next text message. This was weird to me because I have a Droid X and in the 2 months I've had my explorer, the text function never worked! Was there an updated pushed to the MFT today that made this start working? I'm very excited because it looks like I can send & receive text via voice control!

That's interesting because I know they are working on doing the SYNC software updates through the Sirius system so it's completely invisible to the vehicles owner.

Its also interesting that Sirius offers Sat TV for Chrysler customers but not Ford

Jrister24,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I just saw this thread and thought I would check in. Is your MFT text still working correctly? I too found it pretty neat that it just finally started working. It is possible that an update kicked in on either your phone or MFT that made it work. Who knows, all I know is that it works and that is good news! In the future, please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

~Seni

What version of Andriod do you have? Was it possible that your phone got an update? I have a Motorola DEFY (Android v2.1). Text/Email is not working. i hope this will change with v2.2 which is around the corner for my phone. :)

One of the posts above mentioned Ford possibly doing some updates through Sirius, which I think is pretty sweet, though I doubt they will. I think there is too much of a chance of an update going bad with a dropped link to the satellite.

I'm also wondering if you do not continue your Sirius, how it would be affected?

I have Android 2.2.1 (HTC Inspire) and SMS via bluetooth doesn't seem to work for me, but I don't beleive it's necessarily JUST my phone since it looks like several Android handsets don't support that feature out of the box.

I have a droid X and I started with version 2.2.1. It only works once in a while. The only pattern I noticed is if I received a text while I am out of the Explorer and then get in and turn it on it may notify me (might not).........I have never gotten one while I am in the Explorer with it running.

I have updated to the Ginerbread version 2.3.3 and it is still the same thing........every once in a blue moon does it notify me.

If I pair and unpair, the Droid X ask if Sync can access the MAP profile on the phone - of course I say "Yes Always" but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It doesn't ask me this all the time when I pair and unpair. This did this under version 2.2.1 and 2.3.3.......................

I don't get that many text messages for it to really make a difference I just would like all the features to work............maybe the new update to MFT will work out some bugs!

I have a Samsung Galaxy with TMobile & MFT is saying my phone doesn't support texting. :( I'm hoping either my phone will find some kind of update to make it work or MFT will find an update to make my phone work! Either way, I want it to work!!

Anyone using the iPhone 3G?

My Blackberry bold 9650 started working with texts right after I upgraded to Sync 2.8...

Unfortunately this feature is not supported by Apple (yet?).

Does anyone know whether this is related to the issue that arose last year with Apple and Applink? I was hoping Apple and Ford worked out their issues because it looked like Applink would not work with iPhones without an additional hardware authentication component that had to be installed in the Explorer. Because of this, it may be that Applink will never be available in the 2011 version of the Explorer (because no hardware was installed).

As noted in the article below:

"Well, support for the iPhone [Applink] won't come for a full year more (till the 2012 model year). When pressed for more info, Ford's engineers revealed to us that this was because Apple was requiring it to install special computer chips in-vehicle to let the MyTouch system know that it was dealing with "trusted apps"

http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+Wont+Let+Ford+in+App+Circle+of+Trust+Until+2011/article18366.htm

Since I am about to pick up my 2011 Explorer today, I was wondering whether this issue was ever resolved or whether iPhone users will just be out of luck as far as Applink and/or reading text features are concerned.

I have a droid X and I started with version 2.2.1. It only works once in a while. The only pattern I noticed is if I received a text while I am out of the Explorer and then get in and turn it on it may notify me (might not).........I have never gotten one while I am in the Explorer with it running.

I have updated to the Ginerbread version 2.3.3 and it is still the same thing........every once in a blue moon does it notify me.

If I pair and unpair, the Droid X ask if Sync can access the MAP profile on the phone - of course I say "Yes Always" but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It doesn't ask me this all the time when I pair and unpair. This did this under version 2.2.1 and 2.3.3.......................

I don't get that many text messages for it to really make a difference I just would like all the features to work............maybe the new update to MFT will work out some bugs!

I updated my Droid X yesterday to Gingerbread 2.3 and today I received a text in my Explorer while driving. Was able to have the text read to me, with no problem. This is the first time this has worked. Hopefully, it will continue to work.

2.3 was just released at the end of May/beginning of June. How did you have it back in April? Is your Droid rooted, or did you install one of the leaks?

Maybe this official version will solve our problems.

Did any of the Ex owners/Apple guru's out there sift through all the 200 enhancements to the upcoming iOS 5 software for the iphone to see if MAP BT protocol is going to be supported?

I can only sit through the top ten features then I start to glaze over.

Mine is inop with the iphone 3g

I have Android 2.2.1 (HTC Inspire) and SMS via bluetooth doesn't seem to work for me, but I don't beleive it's necessarily JUST my phone since it looks like several Android handsets don't support that feature out of the box.

Not supported with an HTC Inspire.

Weird that this came up. Mine used to work, then stopped for a few days. On the way home today it started working again out of nowhere.

Mine has done something weird as well. When I try to initiate a text I get a msg that my phone is supported. However since Wednesday I have been able to hear and send texts audibly when I never could before. Hmmm... I like it!

Mine has done something weird as well. When I try to initiate a text I get a msg that my phone is supported. However since Wednesday I have been able to hear and send texts audibly when I never could before. Hmmm... I like it!

Which phone do you have, Falcor00?

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back