What's your status? | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Ordered 5-9
VIN 5-20
Build Date 5-31
ETA 6-13

Pretty fast turnaround!

Alright, so the ETA was wrong. It arrived yesterday!! It literally took exactly a month. Went and picked it up last night. I haven't had an opportunity to dive in to the MFT and Sync just yet, so far I've driven it home and to work this morning. But so far, I love this thing! It's in a different universe than my 97 Mountaineer.

Sterling Grey
XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me know how you like that Bronze color with the pecan interior. I ordered that same one on 4/8 and am still waiting on mine. Have fun with your new baby!

I pick up my Limited tomorrow! Ordered 4/2. Just in time for my sons graduation from Army Infantry Basic Training. Wee head down to Ft Benning Wednesday night.

Thanks to Cory for the updates!

Soooo Excited!

Picked up the X this afternoon,awesome! We had one as a rental in Maui in April.Came home placed my order.Dealer experience was great,no games.Synced right up to my droid versus,Nav,traffic,MFT all working great. running 2.8 I know its early but so far its great!

update on my Ex (XLT, sterling Gray w/Lt. stone, 202A, moonroof, tow, nav, etc.)

Ordered: 5/19
VIN#: 5/31
Sticker: 6/8
build date: 6/15 (according to the sticker)
ETA: still waiting

thanks Cory and Natasha for the updates!!

XLT has been built (last week) and is currently "awaiting shipment". Doesn't seem to be a standard on how long it takes to ship once the build is complete. Fingers crossed I get the car July 4th weekend.

MattVol, I’m glad to hear your Explorer arrived ahead of schedule! Let me know if you have any questions on your MFT!

XBR200, you’re welcome! Send my congratulations to your son for graduating!

racersinc, I’m happy to hear the process to pick up your Explorer went smoothly at dealer! Be sure to post pics of your new white beauty!

muddlermike, it’s good that you’re staying patient for your XLT. It should finish production any day now! Natasha and I are here to help keep you in the loop!

mml4a, feel free to continue messaging me when you’d like to have your current order status researched!

Cory

Ordered 4/9
Picked up 6/9

happy to say I have no issues with anything in the car

ordered 4/19
not here yet. I sent a message to cory.

update on my Ex (XLT, sterling Gray w/Lt. stone, 202A, moonroof, tow, nav, etc.)

Ordered: 5/19
VIN#: 5/31
Sticker: 6/8
build date: 6/15 (according to the sticker)
ETA: still waiting

thanks Cory and Natasha for the updates!!

muddlermike, you're giving me hope that I'll be getting some information soon! I ordered mine just 3 days after you! My dealer gave me my VIN last week, so crossing my fingers for a sticker and build date any day now.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your turn-around!

(XLT - White Plat, black int, 202A and moonroof)

Cory - all I can be is patient :) really, the dealer gave me a 6-10 week window and it looks like it will be closer to the 6 week side, so I'm happy.

PorterX - I hope yours moves just as fast! good luck.

So I placed my order with my dealer on 5/31. XLT with 202a and the standard rims. Got a call yesterday from my dealer who tells me if I want to get a 2011 I have to go with the 20'" rims, which I really like anyways. Taking the possible price increase for a 2012 and the uncertain wait for production of those, I went with the 20" rim and should have it sometime in July.
Not soon enough!!!

status update

ordered -4/9
built - 5/18
ETA 1 - June 2
ETA 2 - ?
Current status - in transit

Cory: do you guys have access to the rail carrier/car information? If so, can you forward that information to me? Thanks a lot for your help - it is truly appreciated. Hopefully the X will be in Norman, OK by the end of the week!

I ordered my EX on 4/19/11 and really haven't recieved any updates from the dealer. On 6/4/11 I contacted the dealer and he said it was built and should be here within a week. Still no truck. I don't want be the guy that keeps bugging the dealer for updates (especially since I am buying on the X plan), but I am starting to get worried that my truck really isn't built and I might get bumped because 2012 production has already started.

Another reason for concern is that when I ordered originally, there was one order number on the printout from the dealer. When I called him on 6/4/11, he gave me a completely different order number over the phone. This make me think that my first EX came in and they might have sold it accidentially.

I have sent a PM to Seni/Cory over the weekend, but have not recieved a response yet. Are any of these things really something I should be worried about? Dealer told me 6-8 weeks originally, which I know is a shot in the dark sometimes, but 8 weeks is up tomorrow and my anticipation is turning to anxiety.

Jon
I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to get to your message yet; my inbox has been a bit flooded lately, so I’ll be getting to each one as soon as I can. Thank you for your understanding!

muddlermike, great! I also believe your online window sticker should be viewable:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<insertvinhere>

msr56, I can’t provide that information, but I’ll research your order and relay any available details to you!

Cory

I ordered my EX on 4/19/11 and really haven't recieved any updates from the dealer. On 6/4/11 I contacted the dealer and he said it was built and should be here within a week. Still no truck. I don't want be the guy that keeps bugging the dealer for updates (especially since I am buying on the X plan), but I am starting to get worried that my truck really isn't built and I might get bumped because 2012 production has already started.

Another reason for concern is that when I ordered originally, there was one order number on the printout from the dealer. When I called him on 6/4/11, he gave me a completely different order number over the phone. This make me think that my first EX came in and they might have sold it accidentially.

I have sent a PM to Seni/Cory over the weekend, but have not recieved a response yet. Are any of these things really something I should be worried about? Dealer told me 6-8 weeks originally, which I know is a shot in the dark sometimes, but 8 weeks is up tomorrow and my anticipation is turning to anxiety.

Jon
Well CincyJon, I was told first about 6 weeks, and then, no, I would fall within the 8 to 12 week waiting period. I sure hope it's not true that the 2011 will be bumped due to 2012 orders. I ordered on 4/9 and rounding up my 10th week since order date. I wish you luck, though. I also read somewhere the larger dealerships receive their orders before a smaller dealership, and I just happened to buy one from one of the smallest dealership here in Texas.

Well CincyJon, I was told first about 6 weeks, and then, no, I would fall within the 8 to 12 week waiting period. I sure hope it's not true that the 2011 will be bumped due to 2012 orders. I ordered on 4/9 and rounding up my 10th week since order date. I wish you luck, though. I also read somewhere the larger dealerships receive their orders before a smaller dealership, and I just happened to buy one from one of the smallest dealership here in Texas.

I ordered mine from one of the bigger Ford Dealerships in Cincinnati because I thought that they would have more clout... Also, I thought I read on this forum somewhere that 2012 explorers will start rolling off the line in June/July so that tells me that if your 2011 is not built by now, its not going to get built unless you buy a 2012 and start the waiting process all over again.

build date listed for today (6/15).... wringing my hands and pacing the floor like an expectant father.....

still waiting......

:D

MuddlerMike:
Deep Breaths...got your cigars ready?

I hear ya though...thanks to the Awesome Cory, I now know that my build date is listed as 6/16...so I'm right there with you!

You're in the home stretch now! Good Luck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MuddlerMike:
Deep Breaths...got your cigars ready?

I hear ya though...thanks to the Awesome Cory, I now know that my build date is listed as 6/16...so I'm right there with you!

You're in the home stretch now! Good Luck!

Well my build date was 5/20/11 and my EX has been sitting waiting for shipment ever since. I still do not have an ETA... Cory told me that it was "in transit," but i suspect that could mean that its still just waiting to be shipped.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, rather just adjusting your expectations...

Back