Video on MFT screen

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Anyone able to play video on the MFT screen? Mines keep saying that I need to be in park to play video and I have the brake on and everything. I haven't even started the car and it says video will resume on park. Do I need a certain resolution or something? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone able to play video on the MFT screen? Mines keep saying that I need to be in park to play video and I have the brake on and everything. I haven't even started the car and it says video will resume on park. Do I need a certain resolution or something? Thanks.

Mine did that when I had v2.7 but was fixed in v2.8

iPhone video plays with no issues.

Mine did that when I had v2.7 but was fixed in v2.8

iPhone video plays with no issues.

Actually, I have v2.7 and I can play video (DVD player and XBox) without issues.

Do you use the USB and the RCA ports to play video out of the iPhone?

Apple iPod connector from bottom of iPhone to SYNC media hub RCA Red/White/Yellow

I apologize because I believe that someone did this before, but can you give the catalog number for the appropriate Apple part?

Also some people here have said that they get messages that video can only play when parked. Is that a fact or is it related to not having the Ipod or Iphone not hooked up properly?

I apologize because I believe that someone did this before, but can you give the catalog number for the appropriate Apple part?

Also some people here have said that they get messages that video can only play when parked. Is that a fact or is it related to not having the Ipod or Iphone not hooked up properly?

Its on Apple website but I didn't buy the Apple one.

This is much cheaper:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-Video-Cla...01D6HOOA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308179187&sr

I'm trying to play it via the iPod. I tried the RCA cables with no luck as well. =/ Still thinks I'm not in park.

Sgt:

The reviews of the cable on Amazon do not inspire confidence.

1995E:

Are you using the Apple cables?

Yep. I am using the apple cable that came with the iPod. No matter what, I used RCA cables with a camera with the car still saying (Resume Video When Vehicle is in Park).

Sgt:

The reviews of the cable on Amazon do not inspire confidence.

1995E:

Are you using the Apple cables?

You're absolutely right the quality is no where close to the Apple cable but mine works fine, and your not passing an HD signal.

The Apple cable is way too expensive.

Im going to wire the Invision DVD headrests into the SYNC RCA jacks in the media center as soon as I can find a good quality splitter cable.

You're absolutely right the quality is no where close to the Apple cable but mine works fine, and your not passing an HD signal.

The Apple cable is way too expensive.

Im going to wire the Invision DVD headrests into the SYNC RCA jacks in the media center as soon as I can find a good quality splitter cable.
Well, you get what you pay for. I've found the cheap offshore cables to work fine charging my iPhone, and puke when I try to use them to transfer large amounts of data. I wasn't going to take the chance when dealing with video.

The iPhone/iPod will not play through the USB cable if that is what you are trying to do. You must have the cable with the sound/video out plugged into the RCA jacks. And from what I experienced, you can't have the USB cable plugged in at the same time. Just start a video on the device and select A/V in on the MFT display and it works.

The quality is good, not excellent. But I didn't expect the quality to be amazing given the difference in screen format and resolution.

DCO:

Using the appropriate apple cables will video play while the car is in motion?

Back