door not opening | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

door not opening

crazymind

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 mountaieer 4.0
so i have read a few forums but i didnt find any with my problem. when i go to open the drivers door from the outside door handle i have to pull it pretty much past were it is designed to go and as a resault of it the handle broke. and to even get it to work half the time before it broke i would have pull up on the back of the handle, like something was out of alingment or not adjusted right. and now the passanger side is doing the same thing:mad:. any help would be much apperecated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so i have read a few forums but i didnt find any with my problem. when i go to open the drivers door from the outside door handle i have to pull it pretty much past were it is designed to go and as a resault of it the handle broke. and to even get it to work half the time before it broke i would have pull up on the back of the handle, like something was out of alingment or not adjusted right. and now the passanger side is doing the same thing:mad:. any help would be much apperecated

Do a search - there are literally dozens of threads that deal with this issue!!

All the ones I have found are bout the door not unlocking or inside and outside handle not opening. Mine locks and unlocks fine, and opens on the inside just fine just not the outside

I was doing more searching because it wasn't just the door handle that was creating the problem, there is a little plastic piece that holds the rod to the latch that broke. But I forgot to save the post to help others in the future. Thanks for everyone trying to help just wrong problem.

Back