Led and Halo Fogs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Led and Halo Fogs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow , they look really nice, i wish someone could post a pic. with these on !

They look like they would be good for marker lights, but I doubt they would put out enough light to even be able to tell that they are on with your headlights on.

ya the led I think would just be a good visual. but not project the light forward. but i wonder how the projectors in the middle are?

Looks like I'm the guinea pig. Just made the purchase and should get it in a week or so. Will comment on the quality and performance when they arrive.

Looks like I'm the guinea pig. Just made the purchase and should get it in a week or so. Will comment on the quality and performance when they arrive.

thank yoou for that, please provide us with lots of pictures :)

Standing by for the review and pics................................:popcorn:

Just a thought.... Hook up the led to your directionals, and go even further and put amber led in.

Okay I finally got them in the mail today and installed them right away. The quality is pretty good, and I am happy with the outcome.

img1496i.jpg

As you can see, it comes with everything you need to get going-except directions. It comes with a switch that you press to turn them on or off instead of hooking into the OEM harness. I custom wired the LED's into the running lights and the projector lights into my OEM fog light harness.

img1497qd.jpg

Old housing next to the new one. The new one has a glass lens, not a cheap plastic one like other e-bay kits.

img1498p.jpg

Installed

img1501hz.jpg

On the left is my DDM 35 watt 3000K in the factory fog light. On the right is the new fog light. They put out comparable light, but the new one does a better job at aiming it towards the road. The only downside is that the new housing is designed for a H3 bulb, so I just had to order new bulbs from DDM so I could get them to fit in this housing. It sucks, but for now it's fine. If anyone is considering getting this and has/is getting a HID kit, consider this.

img1506nb.jpg

I know everyone said that the LED's would suck, but they put out a LOT more light than I expected.

img1510fe.jpg

Fog lights off

img1511j.jpg

Fog lights on

Overall, I'm happy so far. It's only been a couple hours, but there were absolutely no fitment issues, everything performed well, and I like the way it looks. The real question is how long it will hold up for, but for now I'm happy to have made the $75 investment.

Back