• Register Today It's free!

p0133 oxygen sensor slow response

GLICIOUS21

Reaction score
City, State
somewhere n front of a cop
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 EXPLORER LIMITED
engine check light finally came on.i work at advance auto parts and we do free check engine light scans.i have the 4.0 ohv and it starting to idling very low(below 1k).i scanned it and i got 2 trouble codes. p1507 idle air control speed low and p0133 oxygen sensor bank1 sensor 1.i know this is a upsteam sensor but is it driverside or passenger side? and what should i replace for the idle air code? dont wanna replace the idle air control solenoid if it may be the result of another problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would go ahead and replace the IAC valve there only about 30 dollars on rockauto.com

Not sure about the sensor

I would go ahead and replace the IAC valve there only about 30 dollars on rockauto.com

Not sure about the sensor
OK thats what i had in mind just wanted a 2nd opinion.didnt wanna replace a list of things when some other tiny error was responsible.now i need to know if bank1 sensor1 is pass/driver side 02 sensor.Open to all opinions guyz.

Just replace it, cleaning them is a bad idea.

Bank 1 = Side of the engine with Cylinder #1
Sensor 1 = Before the cat.

It's on the exhaust y-pipe coming down from the motor.

Heat up the threads near the sensor locktite is usually used and the sensors tend to get frozen in place. If need be Cut the wire and use a long socket on a torque wrench to remove it.

Heat up the threads near the sensor locktite is usually used and the sensors tend to get frozen in place. If need be Cut the wire and use a long socket on a torque wrench to remove it.

thank you.i figured it might be 1 of the ones on the exhaust mani but is cylinder 1 drivers side or passenger side on the 4.0 ohv straight 6 :scratch:

n/m.i accidently clicked on that lil arrow that said something about go 2 post lol.spyed on the conversation n learned everything i needed 2 know thanks again.wont have any trouble doing it specially now i work at advance auto partz and have knowledge that we rent out the special 02 sensor replacement kit for free.b4 i had to replace the downstream 1 and only had an adjustable wrench.:frustrate but after 5 hours and 10 busted knuckles it all worked out.:mad:

Back