• Register Today It's free!

1350/1354 interchange of parts?

Happy Jack

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
I have a 1354 manual t-case with a cracked rear housing 1/2. I have a spare 1350 manual t-case in good working condition.

Will the back 1/2 of the 1350 case interchange with the 1354? Figured to use all the 1354 stuff and just switch the back 1/2 of the case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Threadsurrection!!!

I have a 1354e and a 1350m if you wanted to make a 13-52 again.

Downside is I'm in Oklahoma.

Stop by with both cases. It will take less time for us to build it then your drive here.

Stop by with both cases. It will take less time for us to build it then your drive here.

Sure it's just a short drive :D

1,365 miles and about $200 in gas (not counting a sleep spot) in my little car one way.

What do the cases weigh and how much would shipping be to and from? Well I guess 2 there 1 back. I know it would require pallet(s). I just guesstimated on weight and height and it costs about 10 dollars less to ship than my travel without a hotel stay

This would sound the best, unless there was some sort of event down closer this way.

It would cost less to just have a front driveshaft modified to fit the 1350m in your truck.

The 13-50 will bolt right in. The rear driveshaft will work fine. You'll probably have to modify the shifter to work.

The front driveshaft from the 13-50 will either need to be lengthened or shortened. I don't recall which one off hand.

If its a very early 13-50 you'll need standard bolts to bolt the case to the trans, any later one (mid '84+) will use the same metric bolts as the 13-54.

It is from an 88 B2.

I'm not sure if the shifter will bolt directly to the m5od or not seeing as it came from the toyo trans.

I have the rear driveshaft from both the B2 and the 91 explorer.

88... It will bolt right in with the bolts you already have.
B2... The rear yoke will need to swapped with the flange off your 13-54 and your stock driveshaft will bolt right up.
Toyo trans... The shifter won't bolt up. You'll need to find a way to make it work.

Back