New tail lights, what do ya'll think?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New tail lights, what do ya'll think??

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Well I went up the the Butler Parts-o-Rama and found a new muffler and actually found these tail lights for my Sport Trac. I never really liked the whole chrome tail light on black vehicles but these look pretty good on my Trac and the lights look like they have dozens of l.e.d.'s and not the factory bulbs.

What do ya'll think, I figure I'll try them out for a week or so and see if they grow on me and if not I'll sell them.

picture.php

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are slick! Are you gunna put guards on them or leave them like that? Nice.

I like them. I love parts a rama, I go every year. I was up there friday, and I didnt come across those. Where they new or used?

On a side note, how did you enjoy the traffic near wexford? It took us almost 2 1/2 hours from the bridgeville exit to get to the butler fairgrounds...

I haven't looked for tail light guards but always liked the look of them, might have to look and see what I can find.

They were new and I found them at the vendor that had all the aftermarket custom headlights/ taillights. I made a joke with my buddy betting him a $100 that They wouldn't have them or anything for a Sport Trac, luckily for me he didn't take the bet. I was looking and asked the guy if they had anything for an ST and he said no and then I saw one sitting on hanging on the wall/ side of trailer so I asked him if he had the dark grey set, nope. The cheapest knockoff price I could find on the net for this style was $84 shipped but these are the $150 good set. The only issue is there's a chip out of the rightside lense by the tailgate (I'll post a picture) not even noticable unless you look for it. He didn't know how he got them in his stock because he's never had them before but he had the one set listed for $149. I checked them out and told him I didn't really like the chrome, right then he said $10 there yours, my response "SOLD" !!!

picture.php

You talking about metal gaurds or plastic covers???

:bsnicker::bsnicker:
JerrysSportTrac2.jpg

:mattmoon::mattmoon:
Ssssssssssssss..........Bwahahahahahaha!

metal guards, that would look mean. black ones. imagine those lights shining through some black metal guards. that would be sick.

Hey man, you took off my hitch, I need that.

:bsnicker::bsnicker:
JerrysSportTrac2.jpg

:mattmoon::mattmoon:
Ssssssssssssss..........Bwahahahahahaha!

LMAO

I'm not a big fan of those kinds of lights on any vehicle but to each his own. Personally, I think a blacked out look would be better but everyone has different taste.

I see rice people. :p:

bdmaash, those are the style I like more then these and I'm gonna see if I can seperate the lense from the housing and paint the chrome part black like those you listed.

If I find out I can't them I may sell them and get the other set.

Don't try and separate them, the plastic pieces are ultrasonically welded, most likely the plastic will crack horribly and a few "F" bombs will be launched.

Your second option of selling will work out much better.

Ok, good to know. I know I can seperate the headlights and paint them black, one of the many things to do on my list that is on the back burner.

Back