• Register Today It's free!

lets see some custom light bars

98X48167

Reaction score
City, State
Northville,MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Im looking for ideas for a custom light bar on my 98 explorer was hoping i could get some ideas :d:d:d

i plan on fabbing it up myself so if you got some lets see them

thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bumper? Roof?

both im looking for ideas for both of them im starting to mod my truck slowly and need some ideas on stuff to fab for light bars and other stuff

Now I custom fabbed up a 4 light roof rack and I took a Pro-Comp Prerunner bar and custom fabbed a mount for my explorer. The Pre Runner has 4 offroad lights on it with a attachment that welds around the bumper.

I am going to re fab my roof bar to hold 5 lights and look like a rally truck,

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/blog/2009/08/15/new-rpm-roof-light-bar/

The roof rack on there I am going to fab up like, so it projects over a little past the roof above my windshield but it will hold 5 lights.

Here's my clamp-down style roof light bar, mounted to my roof rack.

lights3-1.jpg

lights4-1.jpg

thats nice what roof rack is that? or is it homemade?

i don't have the bumper and bumper lights on my truck anymore but i do still have the roof rack with the lights on it. the lights are just drilled through the bottom bar and bolted on the rack.

P1010724.jpg

thats nice what roof rack is that? or is it homemade?

Roof rack is a Lund Safari basket. Had it for a lot of years, it's held up very well.

Roof rack is a Lund Safari basket. Had it for a lot of years, it's held up very well.

that is a nice one where would i be able to find something like that?

and off topic how do you have ur lights mounted in the opening in the chrome part below ur bumper lights the set of 3?

Here's a couple different setups I've done, I've since removed the Yakima MegaWarrior basket and am selling it locally with the offroad lights, mounting brackets and j-hook spare tire hold down I made for it. next is just on the roof rack cross bars I bought from ebaymotors and The amber L.E.D. tractor-trailer abs lights mounted to the cross bars from a truckstop.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

that is a nice one where would i be able to find something like that?

I bought the rack off of Amazon about 5 years ago. Im sure any 4x4 catalog or online store will sell similar or the same ones.

and off topic how do you have ur lights mounted in the opening in the chrome part below ur bumper lights the set of 3?

I removed the license plate (when I moved out here to PA) and all I did was line up the 3 lights, drill holes through the bottom of the chrome part, and bolt them right in. I made sure to measure and buy the correct size lights so they would all fit and angle correctly. It was pretty easy. I can take and send you some pictures if you'd like, just shoot me a PM.

Back